- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Let’s start by the golf course itself. 8 holes on the water and each is just incredible. The course is a resort course but still plenty challenging. A lot of fun for a top golf course hunter like me.
There are endless photo opportunities, more so than any course including Pebble if you ask me.
“D” our caddie was great, he was friendly and super helpful. We tipped $100 for the two of us.
The clubhouse is definitely lacking any vibe though. No real hang there and not a place you will sit post round.
Overall just a great experience though including the cab ride for us included from Secrets Cap Cana.Written 7 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This golf course was beautiful and challenging but fun! My wife and I played with Elsin as our caddy and he was phenomenal! Thank you for showing us a great time and Willy was a great cart guy, he knows how to make a great cocktail!Written 20 December 2022
- Booked before travelling to the Dominican having gained some feedback from friends and the internet as to where to play. I decided to go for the Bavaro Golf Resort and booked up the 5 round deal offered by Odile Diaz which would include transportation to and from the course from my hotel, free drinks and snacks from the drinks cart, a drinks and burger deal after the round, buggy hire and access to the practice range and putting green prior to each round.
From the moment I met Alfredo at the hotel for my pick up all the way through check in at the Pro Shop, the range and the starter all staff were very friendly and happy to help.
I worried that my pick up 30 mins prior to my tee time wouldn’t leave long enough to be ready but it was adequate enough to have a few practice shots and putts before being assigned a buggy and then driving to the 1st tee.
The course was in fantastic condition. The fairways and tees were cut and presented well, greens cut and ironed and pin positions changed every day.
The speed of play was brilliant. I played generally in two balls each day and we managed to skip round in under 3 hours each time which may have also been due to the early start each morning.
I am a + handicap golfer and although the fairways are very generous the course offers many features to keep all standard of golfer interested.
Having played the blue tees for the first three rounds I played the black tees for the final two days and with the pins and tee box positions being changed each day it brought a different way to play each hole each time.
From a value for money offering this golf course is exceptional and offers such great playability for all standards!
The green staff are also as friendly as the clubhouse staff. Always happy to chat and good for a joke and a laugh.
The course offers a wide range of holes from short par threes of 100-150 yards up to the 11th that can extend to 225 yards with a back tee and pin I faced yesterday. There are some very well designed par 4’s from the 350 yard 3rd with a cave bunker right of the green, to the long par 4 14th, with its famous large lizard/iguana that was about 6 ft long that can be seen some days on the rocks at the back of the green. I didn’t manage to get a picture as the day I saw it I didn’t have my phone and every other day it wasn’t there!!
Such a great variety of golf holes that when matched up with pins that are moved every day gives you a fresh feel when playing it 5 times in 6 days as I did this week.
If you can drive the ball 250+ play off the Black tees as it’s a great course of 6718 yards with the Blue and White tees taking off 600 and 750 yards respectively. Don’t have to hit driver everywhere but with the friendly wide fairways you can always give it a go!
So, in summary, if you want to play some great value, high quality golf while in the Dominican I can’t recommend highly enough Bavaro Golf Resort. Many thanks everyone.
Odile, Alfredo, Jesus to name a few.Written 17 December 2022
- We just got back from two weeks at the Hard Rock Hotel Punta Cana and one of the reasons we keep coming back to this resort is because of the golf course. They provide transfer from the hotel to the golf course (Thank you Samual). We golfed there 6 times in the two weeks we were there and always try to get an early teetime (730 - 800 am). This gets us done and back to the hotel to head to the beach/pool.
We bring our own clubs and golf balls and they store our clubs there until we head back home. Thank you David for taking care of our clubs.
We can't wait to come back the end of March again for the Legends of Paradise and to golf!Written 26 January 2023
- I had a very nice round at Punta Blanca today. The course is in excellent shape, especially since they just had a hurricane. The greens are immaculate. Some areas around the course have some.damage but the course is all picked up and ready to be played. I would have given 5 stars but the bunkers are pretty much rocks.Written 26 September 2022
- This golf coarse is fabulous. For the amount of play it gets it’s in great shape. Great price. For a Dye coarse the greens are friendly but tricky. Many challenging holes although not very long. Bunkers are very statically placed. Beautiful peacocks on 14 and a lone flamingo will greet you on 15. The whole staff is great but say hello to Claudio “tiger” La Rosa for me. He always gives us great service and he’s a all around good guy. Can’t wait to get back next December. 😎👍🌴Written 22 December 2022
- We play at Cocotal each time we visit Punta Cana. The staff are really helpful and friendly especially Marcellino who always was considerate and smiling! The on course service with food and drink was always a welcome site and had a great choice of sandwiches this holiday. Sadly Benjamin was not open due to the recent Hurricane Ian damage. We especially enjoy Benjamina Holes 3 and 6!!
Next time!Written 6 November 2022
- played here in November 2021 and course was in fantastic shape , had Wilson as our caddie and he made a huge difference helping us around the course, some great ocean holes along with fantastic views , would definitely recommend playing here if visiting the islandWritten 11 November 2021
- My wife (24 Handicap) and myself (10 Handicap) were staying at the Catalonia Royal Bavaro for 2 weeks over Xmas and we thought - a long time without golf - so asked about rates before travelling. As a hotel guest we only need to pay for the golf cart which is mandatory and US$45 per person. We took this then as about £35 each for a round of golf. Perfect!
The 18 holes course is a 5 minute ride away and the golf people pick up and return in a mini bus. We were playing 4 or 5 times, and we were able to leave our clubs at the golf club between rounds free of charge.
The welcome was efficient, and friendly although not as warm as we get in other Caribbean countries or Cancun (as an example). The buggies were OK with some water on ice - but no sat nav\GPS etc.
The Scorecard had no notes on the distance markers but we soon worked out that it was red (100 yards in to the green centre), Yellow (150 yards) and White (200 yards).
Most tee were flat and well seeded but the odd one or two coul dbe better.
Greens were all in good condition - medium pace but all the same so no problem there.
Bunkers had no rakes in them which seemed stranger but, as we went through the course, we realised that the workers tidied up a lot behind groups.
The front 9 is quite tough (although we scored 18 and 19 Stableford points), but the back 9 is slightly tougher (14 and 15 points) off the reds (ladies tees) and Blue (Mens Comp tees).
Overall a very nice experience and we both agreed to continue with our plan to play 5 rounds over the 2 weeks here. Good value at c£35 each.
Not many "stand out" holes although the Par 3, 140 yards 6th over water was a very good visual hole. Water does come in on 3 or 4 holes but nothing silly. The fairways after the 1st and 10th do allow for some margin of error.
Only 1 negative. The Stroke-Index is set out only once per hole - and so is based on the men's tees. Ladies should have a different index as there are some holes where they should get a shot, and others where they should not. To make it slightly more enjoyable\ fair for them.
Weather was a lovely 27 degrees but not "sticky heat" - a pleasant breeze helped as well. No trouble with Mosquitos either.
We are happy to recommend positively.Written 14 December 2018
- Our experience was PERFECT! The food, the beach, the staff, the drinks… every moment was a special one there! A big thanks to all G.Os in special to Peuzinha who makes the BEST drinks! She went above and beyond to make our experience to be unforgettable!
Túlio and Nathi also made the difference, they were so accommodating and kind, we feel like we were with family members around them! Obrigada por tudo, Peuzinha, Túlio e Nathi!
There’s no way we could go to another resort after this amazing experience!Written 4 June 2022
- Staff at Members Pool at Hard Rock Punta Cana Hotel & Casino: Chrislain Germaine and his Team-Santo, Samuel, Oscar, Johan, Jose Reyes, Ruth, Scooby Doo ,& Brown Sugar-All met us each day at the members pool with Smiles on their faces. Each day they asked us if there was anything we needed that they could take care of. They all went above and beyond their do diligence to make our stay as pleasurable as possible. We looked forward each and every day to see them. They never failed us in meeting our needs and or requests. Looking forward to our next trip to Hard Rock Punta Cana to see our new friends. Chirslain keep up the good work with your team!!!Written 8 November 2022
- Reliable transportation services for hotel and airport. Careful and friendly drivers. No extra charges to the Cap Cana resorts.Written 23 November 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Punta Cana
- These experiences are best for golf courses in Punta Cana:
- La Cana Golf Package Punta Cana
- Corales Golf Package in Punta Cana
- Hard Rock Hotel Golf Club at Cana Bay Golf Package in Punta Cana
- Punta Espada Golf - Cap Cana - Punta Cana
- Teeth of the Dog - Casa de Campo