- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- OK just back from 2 weeks stay, so here is my take (it's long)
I saw some reviews and was worried about a dream holiday being a disaster.
Check in - was smooth not too much explained by reception, but Bell boy was very helpful and we found our way with Internet access etc.
Room - looked just like the pictures, bed was super comfy, shower was powerful, plenty of clean towels, robes and Aircon was excellent.
There was a damp smell, but we became nose blind to it and its to be expected with the humidity. Iron ironing board, hairdryer, mini fridge, coffee machine. (Tried to get milk for the room, and failed, bar said no! Restaurants said no! Room service said no! I was going to squirrel some out of resturant but didn't bother and had the odd black coffee, in the room).
Grounds - beautifully kept, gardening going on everyday, work so hard.
Restaurants- the Buffet restaurants at breakfast had the best selection I had ever seen, fresh omelettes were lovely, just a short queue for these. The waiting staff work hard, and to be honest if machines were available to get hot drinks yourselves, they could concentrate on clearing tables.
Evening Dinner in buffet was OK!, service was slow to get a drink, because they were busy and some food was quite cold.
Parents letting children help themselves with deserts and dropping things was a problem too when we were there.
It gets really noisy in the buffet so was glad to eat else where some nights.
Tex Mex - was OK steaks were good, just lacked atmosphere in there.
Italian - was OK
Brazilian- was OK, service was slow for us on this night but when we did get the meats served it was all nice.
French - our favorite, excellent service, excellent food, steak was to die for. Best restaurant for us by a mile.
Beach bbq every day - was the bbq everyday and nice.
Dinner on the beach - Thursday night. Was very nice and the house band play for you too.
Beach - was OK, but not as nice as I had hoped, not helped by the seaweed but they do a great job to try and clear it.
Swimming pool - great pool set up with the bridges and deep to shallow ends, beach style entrance. BUT the water wasn't clear and I ruined a bikini which turned yellow and hasn't come clean 😕 lots of people were getting ear infections!
Waterpark- it's a bit dated, visited once, but as 2 adults wasn't for us.
If you head down to the beach and turn right, you will walk through the palms and find a bar/ resturant called Castaways, great little bar. We ate here one night just to get out of resort and it was nice.
If you walk down the road that castaways sits on and follow that road, a golf buggy will take you to a supermarket, which is much cheaper than small on site shop.
Service - I found that some of the bar staff didn't serve customers fairly and I personally felt the English lost out. Glasses were not always washed properly either, I did walk away one day and not get a drink. Reusable, refillable cups seem to have caught on in a big way.
Trips - we booked with the guys in pink t-shirts by pool. Would recommend the island trip. We also did monkeyland which was fun for a half day trip.
The concierge - helpful for booking resturants with, BUT drove us mad with the invites to VIP breakfast, call it what you like it's 3 hrs out of your holiday to sell you timeshare. After they knew you had been there a while they leave you alone.
Would I go back to this hotel? NO its 4 stars and we got what we paid for, had a great time and visited the Caribbean.
Didn't like the fact that they have VIP guests and almost make you feel inferior to them.
Please don't let anything I have said put you off, we still have great memories, and hope info helpsWritten 16 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We visited manatí park yesterday. Our tour guide was a very pleasant young lady named Shakira. She was very sweet and patient with my daughter who, by the way, fell in love with her.Written 26 June 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After touring the island, we went to cool off at the pool, where there was a water slide, zip lining and opportunities to go snorkeling or water skiing. The weather was gorgeous and the shops were exquisite! Lots of of opportunity to take photos, watch the natives perform and play music. I also had my passport stamped too.Written 9 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Had a great day at Caribbean Lake Park. Our teens got to fulfill a bucket list activity with fly boarding. And the whole family enjoyed wakeboarding and tubing. Staff was friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend.Written 18 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Punta Cana
- These experiences are best for water & amusement parks in Punta Cana:
- Hoyo Azul & Scape Park Punta Cana, Caribbean
- Adventures Water Park
- Super Combo Buggy, Zipline, Horses and Waterfall Pool at Bavaro Adventure Park
- Super Combo Polaris, Zipline, Horses and Waterfall Pool at Bavaro Adventure Park
- Maroca Club Punta Cana
- These are the best places for kid-friendly water & amusement parks in Punta Cana:See more water & amusement parks for children in Punta Cana on Tripadvisor