- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Algunas tiendas buenas con buenos precios. Otras muy costosas y mala atención o cerradas. Buen sitio para artesanias de calidad. Most of the Shops were very nice specially the handycrafts.
BUT the transportation service from the hotel is EXTREMELY expensive. No wonder people prefer not to get out of the hotel.
I belive if the Dominicans REALLY want to compete against other turistic destinations, they have to take control over this issue.
IMPERATIVO que los dominicanos solucionen el tema de transporte para los turistas. Básicamente cobran segun la cara. Ningun orden, poco servicioWritten 19 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- amazing for picking up food / drink / cigars -- good selection and price is less than 50% than you would pay at a resort or even at the Don Lucas store for some things. There's a grocery store in the mall as well as a all-purpose store called 'JUMBO' nearby. The mall itself is nothing special, but such a better deal than any resort or duty free at airport. We paid 25 USD for a taxi, but made it back in the savings on bottles of rum, etc.Written 5 April 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- this felt more modernized. I go to see the people and the culture, this was just like shopping at homeWritten 4 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pretty large market just outside 4 resorts. It was a 20 minute walk from the Riu Republica so no need to take a cab. Has the typical trinket souvenirs but also sells cigars and some Dominican rum like Barcelo Imperial for $25US, which is why I give it 3/5 instead of 2/5. There are about 2 dozen stores but they all sell the same product and be ready for some very pushy sales. If you can't deal with that, don't go. If you love to haggle, this was made for you.Written 18 March 2020
- Tata and Zaida gave us an amazing massage oceanfront!! Better than the resort! Love it! Great price and wonderful experience! We’ve been back 2 times.Written 23 December 2022