- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- this felt more modernized. I go to see the people and the culture, this was just like shopping at homeWritten 4 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Algunas tiendas buenas con buenos precios. Otras muy costosas y mala atención o cerradas. Buen sitio para artesanias de calidad. Most of the Shops were very nice specially the handycrafts.
BUT the transportation service from the hotel is EXTREMELY expensive. No wonder people prefer not to get out of the hotel.
I belive if the Dominicans REALLY want to compete against other turistic destinations, they have to take control over this issue.
IMPERATIVO que los dominicanos solucionen el tema de transporte para los turistas. Básicamente cobran segun la cara. Ningun orden, poco servicioWritten 19 November 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pretty large market just outside 4 resorts. It was a 20 minute walk from the Riu Republica so no need to take a cab. Has the typical trinket souvenirs but also sells cigars and some Dominican rum like Barcelo Imperial for $25US, which is why I give it 3/5 instead of 2/5. There are about 2 dozen stores but they all sell the same product and be ready for some very pushy sales. If you can't deal with that, don't go. If you love to haggle, this was made for you.Written 18 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- amazing for picking up food / drink / cigars -- good selection and price is less than 50% than you would pay at a resort or even at the Don Lucas store for some things. There's a grocery store in the mall as well as a all-purpose store called 'JUMBO' nearby. The mall itself is nothing special, but such a better deal than any resort or duty free at airport. We paid 25 USD for a taxi, but made it back in the savings on bottles of rum, etc.Written 5 April 2019
- We bought a bunch of souvenirs here. A little pricey but negotiatable. They will take American dollars but be mindful they won't have changeWritten 31 August 2019
- Sponsored by hotels. Suggested by the concierge at the Impressive Resort &Spa. Free transportation to and from by the hotel shuttle. This shuttle is shared by many resorts, so expect to be part of a milk run in both directions. They tell you your pick-up will be there when your group is ready to get back. Wrong. Expect more than an hour wait to be picked up. On site we were told we would find a large variety of boutiques at reasonable prices. Besides the rhum selection, and the cigar shop where you can purchase some local made at a reasonable cost, the rest is either souvenirs at hotel prices, or low end clothing. Better to just get a taxi and go to the Blue Mall. AVOID the BellaMare trap - this cost us half a day of precious vacation time for nothing in return.Written 3 April 2019
- Amazing little spot. Had massages right on the beach. Probably one of the most reasonable and best massages that we have ever had. Highly recommended.Written 29 November 2022
- Shopped in Punta Cana At The Majestic Resort. Dago personally delivered my ring to me....after resizing...
Beautiful Larimar jewelry.Written 22 March 2020
- Thumbs up excursions trip to get local cigars, souvenirs, rum coffee and chocolate tasting experience. Safe and friendly environment and modern facilities.
I smoke cigars on a regular basis. Be careful of the steep price markup at cigar shops in the airport and hotels. . Affordable prices for Don Lucas box of 10 cigars $80-90. Great shopping for souvenirs than the Malls and plazas.Written 23 November 2022
- We first found La Perla on trip advisor, so glad we did !! All the best reviews are true. Jeremy was excellent. Easy contact through what’s app, and we got a reply within a few hours. He picked us up with his wife from our hotel, which we had to meet him at the front gate because security sometimes gives him trouble to pass. He took us to his store and told us all about his business as well as the cigar making process. We got to test a cigar- he ever went over how to properly cut, light, store and get the most flavour out of your cigar. Not only did we meet his wife, but also and employee and his daughter. Great prices- much cheaper then the resort and MUCH better quality. Afterwards he gave us a lift back to our resort and answered all of our questions about Dominican Republic. He knows his stuff ! So don’t hesitate and go now !
Robbin and JeffWritten 14 December 2019
- Real lifetime cigars experience. Here I could end my review :)
This wasn't a sales pitch which I had in other stores in Punta Cana and Santo Domingo. Emile without rush described in details how cigars are made and how his company operate. He gave me few interesting tips about cuting, smoking like a pro ;) Now, I'm improving retrohale.
At the end he suggested when I can buy good Mamajuana and his driver get me there without extra cost.
Thanks a lot for good time and I'm sure I'll visit you when I'll be next time in Punta Cana.Written 24 December 2021
- Larimar was a really beautiful stone, if you want to keep a one of a kind souvenir you should take larimar with you.Written 28 November 2019
- Thank you very much for the service provided!
I bought sim card for 5 days for 4USD, which is really cheap and it worked well over the whole vacation.
Also, thank you for all the souvenirs (Juana mama, coconut, etc).
Perfect!Written 18 March 2020
- My experience with Little Switzerland boutique in Punta Cana (Hard Rock) was outstanding.
Leandro as well the Alberto were awesome, courteous, professional and the the most important we had an unforgettable experience.
Buying a time piece must be like that, the watch collectors, enthusiasts or just a simple person trying to get a watch should benefit of a personal/suited service based on our needs.
That’s exactly what we got.
I recommend them for all your time pieces, jewelry needs.
We will visit them again when returning in Punta Cana.
Thank you very much and hope to see you guys soon.Written 15 August 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Punta Cana
- These experiences are best for shopping in Punta Cana:
- Shopping Tour In Don Lucas Cigar Factory, Rum tasting, Cocoa factory, Souvenirs
- Photographer in Punta Cana, Dominican republic
- Santo Domingo Cultural Tour
- Full Day City Tour of Punta Cana
- 8-Hour Tour Enjoying the Dominican Culture Through the Countryside
- These are the most romantic places for shopping in Punta Cana:See more romantic shopping in Punta Cana on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for shopping in Punta Cana:See more hidden gem shopping in Punta Cana on Tripadvisor