Points of Interest & Landmarks • Religious Sites
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
22 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We were lucky enough to have some friends drive us up to the Big Buddha. We can see the Buddha from where we live in Chalong (it's on a mountaintop so it stands out). The drive up is over a pretty steep, winding road. They have plenty of parking and entrance is free. For men, be sure to wear something that covers your shoulders. For women, have your shoulders covered and try to wear a skirt or dress that covers your knees (this is a Buddhist site).
There is no entrance fee (although donation boxes are set up around the site). We first checked out the views (including the Adaman Sea and Chalong Bay) then walked through a short side path on rocks with some small shrines and we encountered some monkeys. Although the came close, they weren't agressive. Be sure not to have any food on you or attempt to feed them.
Inside the Buddha they have a small shopping area where all the profits go to charity. You can also make a donation and be blessed by a Buddhist monk.Written 12 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful and serene temple-complex, definately worth a visit. Several different templets to enter and admire. One of which is Several floors high. Remember to dress appropriately, and observe the customs.Written 10 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing experience - very nicely conducted show..Seeing the seals and Dolphins and the amazing acts performed by them made our day.
Our 8 year old son absolutely loved this experience.Written 19 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Small charming botanical garden.
Probably the creation of an enthusiast.
The garden has an impressive number of plant varieties.
The garden is organized on the plan of a theme trail.
Unless you are an erudite botanical enthusiast, it takes less than an hour to go around it at the speed of a snail.
To visit without regrets if you do not watch your travel budget.
The advantage of the price is that you will not be attacked by the crowd!Written 12 March 2022
- Rattachai Muay Thai is a superb family run gym in Phuket. It's among the couple of gyms that I've gone to that really deserves 5 stars for a couple of factors.
For starters, it's placed 1 block far from soi-ta-iad, therefore it's really near what mma fighters street is offering. Next, the gym is immaculate and well run. Third, Nit and Noi are 2 of probably the kindest individuals that you'll actually meet, and allow you to feel welcomed at the gym of theirs. This isnt a fitness center which is only for martial artists. Everybody is welcomed, and everybody gets instruction that is excellent . Quarter, the fitness center is not over crowded. An essential trouble with lots of the gyms on Soi-ta-sad is they've way too many visitors and too few trainers. As an outcome, your oftentimes only nobody and a face gets to understand you. The community at Rattachai is a lot lesser and a lot more tight knit. Fifth, the trainers at Rattachai almost all have an excellent fighting experience and also do a huge task of concentrating on technique. The trainers dont simply concentrate on the many gifted pupils. They offer every person with excellent knowledge and be sure to mention errors once you cause them to become. As an outcome, the method of yours will certainly boost quickly, and also you are going to learn a great deal. Lastly, price. You receive the benefits of training with champions without having a top value. The training is certainly well worth the money.
Rattachai Muay Thai is among the very best gyms that I've previously visited. Right after having taught in Thailand, China, the Philippines, and the United States, I claim that Rattachai is truly an excellent workout room for folks of all levels and all ages. Do yourself a favor and look it over in case you're in Phuket. You will not be disappointed.Written 11 November 2019
- I went here with the missus earlier today. The place was a little run-down, but it’s worth going simply for the show, which was absolutely charming. It basically consisted of parrots and conures doing tricks. Throughout the show and at the end, there were plenty of opportunities to handle the birds, which was a lot of fun. Beware, however: after I handled the birds, I was asked to “donate” additional funds. Oh well, it’s Thailand. Definitely a fun way to spend a couple hours.Written 2 January 2019
- Offspray: Giles and his team are an experienced bunch and took good care ensuring that we have a memorable experience. The team: Mr. Nan, Boat Captain and Boat Engineer are gentlemen willing to assist, care and make you feel comfortable from the start. We settled in quick and were ready for action.
We booked a private charter to Racha Yai & Koh Bon & Coral islands. We loved every minute we spent on and off the boat enjoying picturesque views and the hospitality (including a gourmet picnic lunch on the beach with fresh thai fruits). A big shout out to the amazing Mr. Nan - an experienced diver, a great photographer and super comfortable with kids. He ensured that the kid had a great time snorkeling, fishing, swimming or at the beach; so that we could get more time to soak the beauty and relax with wine.. (do note that Offpsray provides enough soft drink, water, fruits and encourages clients to BYOB)
This was a well planned trip with clear instructions, set expectations and Offspray still managed to do better! Thank you Giles, Mr. Nan and the rest of the team for creating a memorable experience. We'll cherish this one for a while until we're back for more!Written 20 July 2022
- Not my first time diving with No Gravity, but as always, truly a memorable experience, from time after time.
Everything was organized quickly but thoroughly, not one single detail left unattended.
Attila - as always - came through, and helped not just with diving, but arranging Rescue Diver certification too. An honorable and memorable moment when I was through with it, with the help of him. One that will remain with me for the rest of my life!
Already looking forward to diving again, and it is not a question to whom I will turn to! Recommended to everyone!Written 21 July 2022
- Great staff and a comfortable catamaran with plenty of space for a large group of friends to enjoy a day out at sea. Highly recommendedWritten 11 October 2021
- We went for a diving day with my friend and had 2 dives with Ludoviq. He was very attentive and careful, explained everything to us and showing us the best underwater and on the island around. As a bonus he also sent us a nice video of the dive and amazing pictures!Written 27 November 2019
- Absolutely great family tour around Bangkok with Jenny as a guide (always smiling). Using tuctucs and a boat we had the possibility to visit all important temples in Bangkok, The Royal Palace, and also to see places usually not seen by tourists. We all (including three children) were very glad about the tour and we have also got some helpful tips how to travel accross Bangkok.Written 29 June 2022
- We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night sailing trip on Steve’s fabulous catamaran, the SY Mahayana. The freedom of the open seas, along with the luxury and tranquility of the isolated islands and bays in the Andaman sea made for a once-in-a lifetime holiday for our family (2 adults and 3 kids).
Steve, Ya and Pat are a delightful team, extremely attentive, accommodating, generous and relaxed. We all really enjoyed Steve’s company – his knowledge of the region, Thai culture as well as the marine life is boundless. He is very engaged, funny and great with the kids. He is super organised: he put lots of effort into tailoring the trip to our needs, and was good at spotting and dealing with any problems.
Pat is delightful and her cooking superb – every meal was a feast. We really appreciated the mix of Thai and Western food, as well as the proper coffee and wine! Aroy mak mak! Ya kept the ship tip top and was very friendly.
Lots of highlights but in particular – the snorkelling at Koh Rok, all the diving, as well as the cave adventure at Koh Muk.
The catamaran is spacious and very comfortable – we spent a lot of time lounging under the shade on the trampoline area. The cabin beds are very comfy, although be prepared as it can get quite hot and we did experience one seriously rocky night! But the beautiful surroundings, the quality family time and Steve’s good humour more than made up for any lack of sleep!
Bottom line: If you want to have a fabulous, relaxing, unique family adventure, get yourselves onto the SY Mahayana.Written 4 March 2022
- Prompt and reliable service. Our driver was very friendly and the car was clean. We used the car for 6 hrs and got everywhere we wanted to go.Written 9 July 2022
- My family and I had another great bareboat charter booked with SweetDreamers this year. This was our 3rd charter in 2 years with SweetDreamers and the service remains excellent on all levels. Fast responses to questions and friendly, helpful guidance come to mind directly. Delphine is lovely person to organize a trip and conduct business with. She is direct and hassle free with my experience of 3 charters each 1 week long in the Phuket & Phang Nga Bay areas of southern Thailand. Thank you so much for making it easy!
Joshua A. Thompson
San Francisco CAWritten 30 June 2022
- We have done a few trips with Gordon from River Rovers and they were fantastic. I have been tryint to contact them as I will be in Phuket Nov 2022 but no reply to email and the phone just rings out. I think they may have closed down.Written 29 June 2022