Points of Interest & Landmarks • Religious Sites
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We were lucky enough to have some friends drive us up to the Big Buddha. We can see the Buddha from where we live in Chalong (it's on a mountaintop so it stands out). The drive up is over a pretty steep, winding road. They have plenty of parking and entrance is free. For men, be sure to wear something that covers your shoulders. For women, have your shoulders covered and try to wear a skirt or dress that covers your knees (this is a Buddhist site).
There is no entrance fee (although donation boxes are set up around the site). We first checked out the views (including the Adaman Sea and Chalong Bay) then walked through a short side path on rocks with some small shrines and we encountered some monkeys. Although the came close, they weren't agressive. Be sure not to have any food on you or attempt to feed them.
Inside the Buddha they have a small shopping area where all the profits go to charity. You can also make a donation and be blessed by a Buddhist monk.Written 12 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful and serene temple-complex, definately worth a visit. Several different templets to enter and admire. One of which is Several floors high. Remember to dress appropriately, and observe the customs.Written 10 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Absolutely fantastic and great deals with the local people.
The most funniest thing was that the people show u the price with the calculator.Written 23 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing experience. Relaxed. Very helpful staff. Welcoming, We tried the herbal balm with oil massage and it was a great relaxing experience for us.Written 7 August 2022
- I stumbled across this craft beer pub and had a great time chatting with the owner and sampling some of his beer. Up to six craft beers on tap and dozens of craft cans in the fridge means that there’s something for everyone.
I look forward to returning for more.Written 21 May 2022
- I have spent a week with the guys of KBA and everything was cool and smooth.
Fred is very friendly, flexible and open to assisting with equipment and time schedule.
I was assigned Fabio as a teacher and he was both professional and easygoing.
Overall I highly recommend both the school and Fabio.Written 16 December 2021
- The process of pearl making was interesting to see and hear about. We enjoyed looking at the different types and colours of pearls. The highlight is definitely the display of tiaras/crowns for beauty pageants they are stunning. However this is a business so you are expected to buy after you learn. That said, they are very well priced!Written 4 July 2017
- obviously a tourist trap, very expensive some clothes in silk but very small sizes , forget about size 14 and above!Written 16 January 2019