What travellers are saying
- Peaceful and serene. Being one of the sakhti Peet, a kind of spirituality felt. The Siva deity under the rock is amazing.Written 2 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our spectacular 2 days of trekking was planned, managed and led by Shammi who is an exceptional leader and guide. Shammi has boundless energy and a wealth of local knowledge that will ensure that you miss nothing on a trek, stay safe and have a truly wonderful and enjoyable experience. Shammi arranged all food and accommodation for our trek and we wanted for nothing. He made us very aware of altitude sickness and made sure we avoided that. We walked over glaciers, across avalanche areas, across rivers, and numerous beautiful villages . It was truly the trip of a lifetime and I can highly recommend Shammi as your guide in Kareri lake and I cannot believe that he could be bettered. The people we met through Shammi and the spectacular scenery experiences he afforded us will never be forgotten. I must also thank Munna bhaiya for his part in helping us enjoy such an exceptional experience.Written 16 December 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot.”
Just 20 km away from Dharmshala one of the oldest fort in Laxmi Narayan temple and jain mandir must visit.
Best place for history and nature lovers.
U can get best views from the place.Written 27 June 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I had visited this place in 2001 and now revisited it after 22 years.The only difference was in crowd.That time it was virtually empty except there is school nearby full of kids which made it sorry of lively.
Now,it attracts loads of domestic and international tourist.The road to the temple is still very narrow and bumpy but maintains the rustic charm with very little development along the road
There is a ticket counter and you need to buy ticket online using your id such as Adhaar.You can buy on spot or before hand too.
There are couple of tea stalls around which sells the usual chips,cook Maggie and over cooked tea.They also sell wheat dough to feed the fishes in the sarovar.
There is board telling you the history of the place but local people believe that it was built by pandavas during their agauatvas.
There are public toilets inconveniently built of top of hill but now new toilets are being built near the entrance/car park area.
You can spend nice 2-3 hours at this place .Written 12 May 2023
- Jai Mata Di
Divine Darshan on 13th November 2022
Sacred place of worship situated close to Dharmshala which is only 14 kms away. This place belongs to a circuit of holy places which include Maa Baglamukhi, Maa Chintpurni, Maa Chamunda, Maa Jawala and Baba Baijnath Ji.
The place is very well connected by regular/ Volvo buses from Kashmere Gate ISBT, Delhi and takes around 8-9 hours to reach. Pilgrims travelling in own vehicle can find lots of parking space
All time darshan is the most recommended as the crowd is less. The approach to the temple is lined up with shops selling prasad and shringar items which are offerings to Maa.
The place is maintained well with shops lined up with offerings for Maa. Local bus stop is about 700mts from the temple and buses to Dharmashala and other shakti Peeths are available. We have a divine darshan around 4pm evening.
Wish you all a divine darshan,
Jai Mata DiWritten 30 November 2022
- Amazing experience with Lazymonk Adventure,The guide ,Trek Leader ,food was just amazing,One of the best and difficult trek to do..Written 10 April 2022
- There is some positive vibe in the place. It is regarded to as a temple of truth. The peace and spirituality we felt still lingers.Written 2 November 2023
- I went to Dhauladhar National Park. Sprawling over an area of 30 acres, Dhauladhar National Park is an ideal place for wildlife buffs. The best time to visit here is between March and June. It is great place to go.Written 17 March 2019
- Easily accessed from the taxi stand and located en route to the water falls. Worth a visit on a clear day. Need to climb a small flight of steps to reach the templeWritten 13 February 2023
- jain temple, really nice and very well maintain, they have a /c rooms to stay and food also, very close to kangra airport, walking distance for kangra mountain. real worth visit, nice food also, parking also avl, nice view. pooja cloths also available for gents.Written 30 October 2023
- Minkiani pass trek is a great trek for those looking for a adventurous weekend. Awesome view from top. One day hike from kareri lake. We trekked with thetravelmonk. Great team with good arrangement. Cont 8146654329. Highly recommended.Written 17 July 2021
- Both my wife and I visited Maharana Pratap Sagar also known as Pong Reservoir or Pong Dam Lake last year on our way to Dharamshala. It was built in 1975, by building the highest earthfill dam in India on the Beas River in the wetland zone of the Siwalik Hills of the Kangra district of the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is named Named in the honour of Maharana Pratap.It is a very well known wildlife sanctuary and we could take good photos of the migratory birds.Written 12 May 2018
- If you are follower of Chinmaya Mission. This place is must for you. It gives you really good vibes and serenity.Written 9 June 2022
- The temple was built by Pandavas and is located on a hill top. It is about 20 Kms from Palampur town and is accessible by road. you just need to do last 500 mtr after the veh parking.
It has a beautiful 360 degree view. While coming down one must walk about 400 mtr along the ridge line to cross the mobile tower, it is almost a cliff after then and you have a spectacular view of Dhaulandhar ranges from there.Written 16 February 2020
- Its a beautiful experience even seeing it from nearest possible area. Lil Black and lil covered with ICE hanuman tiba is known to be an auspicious place.Written 23 July 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Kangra
- The best day trips from Kangra according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Historical Tour including Unesco Kangra fort & Rock cut temple from Dharamshala
- Day Tour of Dharamshala, home to the Dalai Lama with Lunch
- Day Tour of Dharamshala, home to the Dalai Lama
- Nature Trekking Near Dharamshala With Lunch
- Walk through Rakkh village from Dharamshala
Kangra Attractions Information
|Thursday, 9:33 am|