Top Attractions in Ashoknagar District
What travellers are saying
- This is a Wow Place. Neat and Clean, Well maintained . Kudos to MP Tourism and Authorities to maintained it so well.
Fort has ample parking space and there is a MPTDC restaurant on the top as well.
Fort has lot of things to see and So many Photo ops are there.
Superb Fort and worth worth VisitingWritten 30 January 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Badal Mahal Gate is a different site altogether with no Mahal or palace connected to it. This gate served the purpose of welcoming and grandly honouring the state guests.
In this structre we seenThe ornaments carving onminiature arched facades v geometric motifs. Also The jaalis of four separate patterns & The two floral roundels on the gate.
In this historic area only boundary wall, Gate & garden area to see only. Within 15-20 minutes take time to see these things.
Ticket- Ticket applicable
Parking - Free for all, proper parking space on roadside
Camera - Ticket applicable
Must Know - near by area shops , you can easily purchase fast food, water bottle etc.
Situated near the Jama Masjid, Badal Mahal Darwaza or Badal Mahal Gate was constructed by Sultan Mehmood Shah Khilji, the King of Malwa, in the 15th century to commemorate his victory in one of his many military campaigns.
The Badal Mahal complex is enclosed by an old fort-like structure towards the front and sides.
A straight paved path flanked by beautifully landscaped gardens and lawns from the entrance lead to the tall and imposing Badal Mahal. They remind you of the Mughal gardens that one sees at the Taj Mahal and other Mughal monuments including the likes of Qutub Minar .Written 6 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Kati Ghati is man made Mountain pass. Supposedly built Overnight by Mugal Army this place becomes famous after STREE Movie has been shot here.
Wind Force is strong here and Passage looks beautiful.
A good Visit if you are in Chanderi.Written 30 January 2022
- One of The distinctive architecture is Koshak Mahal & also one of the most finest monument in ChanderiAbout 4 kms from Chanderi city center, It is situated on the road leading to chanderi - Isagarh. The architecture of Kaushak Mahal is unique. It was built in the 15th century by the Sultan of Malwa, Mahmud Shah Khilji I, to commemorate the Jaunpur victory.
Must know – No food , fast food , no snacks available here , so must have some in your bag with water bottle.
Must be wear proper shoes/ foot wear . Must have towel, hat/cap , sunglasses .
Ticket – Free for all
Parking – free for all
This palace appears to be divided into four equal sections in the shape of (+) .Built in the Afghan style, this palace currently has three complete storeys and the fourth is incomplete. Each floor has balconies and windows to the outside. In the middle of them are arched gates.t is a spacious palace with better ventilation and best royal comfort levels.
The courtyard of Kaushak Mahal is beautifully decorated by the Department of Archeology. The lush green park, the trees and plants in the middle of it and the beautiful historical building along with them create a beautiful view.
It gives them the great experience of the medieval period related grand structure build for safe and royal residential purpose with a lot of perfection. It is the right destination for understand the glorious periods of this particular region.Written 5 July 2022
- One of the finest ,neat , clean & maintain Museum which preserves our Golden period of Heritage & HistoryIf you like or not like in walk in history whatever , you must visit this museum. The Archaeological Museum of Chanderi is the best place to begin ones exploration of the places to visit in Chanderi and its vicinity.
Timings - 9 AM - 5 PM, Closed on Friday
Ticket - Applicable for adults , Free for students & childerns
Camera - Not allowed , photo can be taken from mobile phone only
Must know-The proper lockers available for your bags , belongings etc, locker free for visitors , take water bottles with you, no shop near the area
Parking - proper parking space , free for all
Also must know- must see the artifacts & ruins parts which are showcasing in garden area ( outside from main building )
Chanderi is a well known medieval settlement situated on the borders of the Malwa and Bundelkhand regions.
The beautifully designed museum building is set amidst enchantingly landscaped gardens. The ASI Museum has a collection of ancient sculptures, stone carvings, remains of the Jain temples found in Chanderi, Stone-Age artifacts, coins, and ornaments. Remains of Jain temples from Thubon and Boodhi Chanderi dating back to the 10th and 11th century can be found here, most of which consists of statues of different Tirthankaras.
The Chanderi Museum consists of 5 galleries namely History of Chanderi Gallery, Vaishnava Gallery, Shaiva & Shakta Gallery, Jaina Gallery, and Anandam Gallery. The History Gallery showcases the history and heritage of Chanderi and the surrounding regions right from pre-historic times. The exhibits here include pre-historic paintings, paleolithic and neolithic tools, ornaments, pottery, and other objects made of iron and other metals.Written 9 July 2022
- This place which is Ruins right now literally derives its name from a bloody Incident.
War between king of chanderi and Mugals was so Violent that blood actually flowed down from this gate.
This is Chanderi fort complex only and you can walk down to this place from Fort Campus only.
Visit this place either on Sunrise or Sunset ti get the best Views of Old Chanderi town.Written 30 January 2022
- Dam on the way of Lalitpur to Chanderi MP India One of the source of needy population in Central IndiaWritten 9 April 2019
- We have visited at evening time. Palace was very old but in very good maintained condition. Must visit place.Written 24 November 2019
- This Mosque is still operational. Very well maintained. It is a magnificent structure of stone right in the middle of the city.Written 9 October 2019
- Beer gathas and untold stories of Women in India. Time always changing the things what we see i.e. called Anicha Vat SangharaWritten 9 April 2019
- on the way to kati ghati gateway, you will just have to take a small diversion towards this temple. The main attraction and the most clicked picture here is that of the rock cut sculpture of thrithankar. Beaware of monkey’s who can just snach anything from you.Written 20 May 2018
- A monument dedicated to daughter of ruling king, the story associated with this monument is not very clear, though the monument has its own charm, has quite distinctive architewcture and worth a visit. The road leading to this monument is not huge and you might have to consider walking down till this place.Written 20 May 2018
- A beautiful museum bit away from city. Artifacts in this museum are quite preserved, though what I didn’t like over here is guide facility. Atleast over the time when I visited it, there was no guide present, which made visit to museum bit boring. Also, museum is quite small and will not take more than half an hour(if not going deep into history though).Written 20 May 2018
- Perched atop the hill, its not famous as its other temples but the place has such serenity and peace, it can only be experienced and not expressed.
The history behind is to be heard from the locals and have never tasted water like the pure water that flows inside the temple.Written 16 March 2021
- A place or temple with potential to look beautiful only if visitors and residents take care of not littering the waters of this tal. Lots of polethin floating on the top here!Written 11 March 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ashoknagar District
- The best day trips from Ashoknagar District according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Chanderi – History with a silken touch (Day Excursion from Jhansi)
- Full-Day Private Guided Chanderi Tour from Orchha with Lunch
- Private Day Excursion to Chanderi from Orchha