Top Attractions in Lansdowne
What travellers are saying
- HIGHLY RECCOMEND if you are in Lansdown or around.
It's about an hour drive from Lansdowne city center. My biggest complaints at all the popular Hindu places of worship is that its hard to find peace. But this place - OH MY GOD, this place is the stuff of dreams. Its in a valley surrounded by beautiful devdar trees and as we decent near to temple, the views are mind blowing. The temple is amidst the woods - if you are there at the sunrise it just elevates the experience and view as the sunlight filters down from the treetops.Written 2 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must visit place if you are in Lansdowne, within 2-3kms of Bhulla Lake and the Lansdowne main market. We went in July 1st week and the view from this point is amazingly beautiful. An amalgam of clouds, mist, mountains and valley makes the view breath-taking. Ideal place to click pics, visit time 30mins.Written 4 July 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Little history that this place has and this museum has it all covered. Well maintained, of course by Indian Army.Written 24 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Entry ticket is 150rs per person. Boating is included in this ticket. No separate ticket without boating. It is well maintained and theres a swing and a shoting arena as well.Written 4 May 2022
- A good, well maintained old Church. Peaceful place that gives you positive vibes. Given the lack of places to visit or activities to do in lansdowne, it can be visited for 10-15 minutes. Main lansdowne is a very small place- having two Churches, Bhulla Tal, Tip n Top, sunset point and a small market. Van be covered in 3-4 hours easily. No hotel there. All hotels start from a few kms. below.Written 15 August 2022
- A small temple located on road from Kotdwar to lansdowne. A river stream flows below the temple. A wonderful spiritual experience. A must visit place on way to lansdowne.Written 15 August 2022
- Witness beautiful Shivalik ranges from the top while seeking blessings from Santoshi mata. Enough place to sit and relax for a while. Has about 40-50 stairs to climb.Written 3 September 2019
- War memorial has been beautifully maintained by Garhwal rifles. There are mementos dating back to WW ll showing the valour, grit and fighters spirit of Garhwalis.Written 11 November 2022
- A small Church. A peaceful and spiritual experience. Still well maintained. Given lack of places to visit in Lansdowne as well as lack of activities, it becomes a must visit, a good experience though.Written 15 August 2022
- The place is beautiful to visit and reveals more about the town. The mess is surrounded by greenery and beautiful flowers.Written 5 July 2019
- On that place is very good of adventure activity. around 10 water fall here. we track whole rout and lot of enjoy here. local guys are very comparative. 35 Km from Lansdowne.
1) Water Fall
2) Water Mill
3) Himalayan View
4) Bear Cave
5) Medicinal PlantsWritten 1 March 2021
- All curiosity faded after locating it..
But overall good place..
Nice boating experience in Bhalla tall..
Surroundings are very calm..
If you hv time than visit tehsil as it’s one of the oldest building (beautiful architect)Written 3 July 2018
- North-western side of Jim Corbett wildlife offers very dark green dense forest rich of tigers, leopards, wild bores, elephants and dears.Written 26 September 2019
- There is something about the hills and quaint little cafes with an old world charm .
The Lansdowne trip travel cafe is one such gem .
Nestled in an oak forest the cafe sits tight on the edge of a cliff and has a magnificent view of the snow clad Himalayas.
The owners Shipra and Amit bid goodbye to Delhi and their corporate jobs and started the cafe.
The cafe has good grub, vintage art and collectibles that you can buy.
After our meal we had a great chat with Amit who is now a naturalist and organises curated birding and safari experiences.
We discussed, Royal enfields, territorial tigers and a massive male leopard that frequents the cafe and the church next to it.
If you are in Lansdowne drop in for some great grub, tiger tales from Amit, spectacular views and quiet time.Written 22 December 2022
- Great vibes, wide range of beers and appetisers, chicken toofani highly recommended, first bar in the region. Cheers.Written 23 December 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lansdowne
- The best outdoor activities in Lansdowne according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Lansdowne on Tripadvisor
Lansdowne Attractions Information
|Local Time||Friday 10:03 PM|