Points of Interest & Landmarks • Lookouts
Top Attractions in Bageshwar
What travellers are saying
- Beautiful Trek. Very nice and with family. Good accommodation and food. Very clear trail, well maintanence. 6 Days Trek. Easy Trail.
NORTHWIND TOURS AND TRAVELS ( WhatsApp 9083096975, and 9475652283 ) arrange everything about this Teek.
Dhakuri is the best place among all the places. Very easy and well define trail. Only 3.5 km Trek from Kharkiya, now the last motorable Road. It will be extended upto Khati village.Written 14 June 2022
- The temple have a great value and belief of people. It is dedicated to Hindu goddess. It is said Adi guru shankracharya stayed here. Temple is very peaceful and clean. Every year nanda devi raj jat yatra procession happens here. It is situated in Garur region of Bageshwar district.Written 3 April 2019
- It is an ancient Shiva Temple and the town of Bageshwar where it is situated has been derived from this form of Lord Shiva. It is situated exactly at the confluence of the Sarayu and Gomti rivers. The difference in colour of the waters of the rivers is a sight to watch, turquoise green for Sarayu and dirty green for Gomti.
Adjoining the temple complex is a cremation site.
The age old temple is accessible from the main road through a narrow lane adorned with shops selling fares for the Puja as well as last rites. The area can be easily confused with a market in its own right as shops of various interest share the space ranging from Grocery, Stationary, Woollen Garments, Gift Shop, large Pan (betelnut) shop, eateries etc.
I visited the temple on my way to Chaukori from Kausani via Baijnath this october. It is situated 21 km from Baijnath Temple on the Garur-Bageshwar Road.Written 13 November 2018
- Gauri-Udiyar is a religous place. Its a cave temple of Lord Shiva enshrines several images of Lord Shiva which makes it a must visit place in Bageshwar.Written 27 May 2018
- This temple is located high up in the hills on the opposite side of Baghnath Temple. One has to cross the Saryu River to the reach the temple. One can drive up straight to the door of the temple.Written 24 October 2018
- Ashram was established in 1964, by English lady Catherine Hillman,a disciple of Mahatma Gandhi who became famous as Sarlaben. The ashram works for the progress of local women,helping them become self-depended,the women are taught several skill,like growing vegetables,cooking,caring for the animals and cleaning.There are many girls and women live in the ashram.It is situated in a serene atmosphere at the top of hills.Worth visiting place if you love social service.Written 13 November 2017
- Kasauni is really tea state and way to reach kasauni is amazing experience, most of the time all way surrounded with fruits like nashpati trees, valley, river and mountains view are awesome. The tea plants are very much there thats why called tea state.Must to go kasauni one time to see tea plants and himalaya tops.Written 23 July 2016
- The birth place of famous Hindi poet,is another worth visiting place while staying in Kausani,the building in which he spent his childhood has been converted into museum,there are collection of hundreds of English and Hindi books.The museum is interesting for literature lovers and the museum is surrounded by beautiful flower garden.Written 13 November 2017