- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
8 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
This is not a SINGLE POINT! There are few streets, specially around the Light-house area! Starting from few INR Souvenirs to few thousands USD Sculpters..!! Cost depends on your BARGAIN Power (few others have guidelines)
## Sea based products ( Eg: Different types of Sea shells, many items, including pen stand & Artifacts made out of Sea products)
## Other general cosmetic and presentation items
## Sculptors and idols, etc.Written 6 November 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Here you can buy antiques and arts. The price is little high and may not be affordable by everyone. But you can visit and try for the one if you are interested in antiques.Written 31 May 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Impressed with assortment of books. Really loved it. Apollo suggested me City Of Joy book, after looking my initial picks. Excellent recommendation. In an era of Amazon and Flipkart, bookshops like this are a crown jewel.Written 20 September 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful sculptures . Monolith , traditional, with Indian culture. Beautiful must see place near Chennai. They are split into 3 parts. And all are near the beach lighthouse. Be careful on a Sunny day, sunscreens or umbrella.Written 11 September 2019
- I have visited this shop many times and bought a lot here - from jewellery, to tops, scarves, ornaments, carpets. And yes - I do mean in the plural. In fact, it is hard to STOP buying in this shop. Rauf, the shopkeeper, is the friendliest and most sincere person you could hope to meet. He has a vast stock in his shop - don't be deceived by its apparent small size. It is like Aladdin's Cave! Rauf does NOT try to entice you in from outside - he will give you the widest grin and greet you politely - but taking the step of walking over the threshold is your decision alone. But one you won't regret! The quality, variety and the price can't be beaten. Nor can his enthusiasm and knowledge of the product. I just can't praise this place enough. But don't take my word -go see for yourself!Written 24 February 2019
- It’s always fun to get some cheap clothes made up when you’re on a trip. But rarely is anything well made or even fits as it should. I got 2 pairs of trousers made up at this place. All done overnight. Zippers. Generous pockets everywhere. Fun colours. All finished professionally. And they actually fit. Friends has shirts made and they are also happy with the productWritten 14 November 2019
- A variety of statues are in display for sales. You can buy them. Price may be a little high but are of artistic value. A very nice collection.Written 31 May 2017