Nature & Wildlife Areas
Top Attractions in Nanyuki Municipality
What travellers are saying
- In April 2022, we visited Ol Jogi conservancy.
The landscape is very fine and varied with a wonderful red dazzling canyon.
We also visited:
- the animal orphanage. We saw white rhinos, cheetahs, African wild dogs, many colourful birds
- the center of patrol dogs against poaching
We Highy recommend to visit Ol Jogi conservancy!!!Written 30 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This nature conservancy is not to be missed. Where else can you get licked by a cheetah, feed a baby gazelle or pet a warthog?
It’s a great way to spend some time up close to animals and actually pet them. The pigmy hippo won my heart and it was great fun feeding an ostrich!Written 29 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful experience
guides know their stuff and are very accommodating
Beautiful (but tiring)walk through the forest.
Jumping into the pools was the highlight of the trip, though the water is not as advertised- definitely not blue or clearWritten 16 June 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The equator is cool and its fun to get a photo near the sign. But the real treat here are the souvenir shops. The prices and selections here are much better than in Nairobi. There is also less pressure once you get into a shop so its also a slightly more relaxing experience than in Nairobi or some other more popular places. If you spend enough time here the sellers will give you a little tour of the area out back where some of them do the carvings.Written 27 October 2022
- It was good to visit the school and see the progress being done with the newer school building. .... A lot of work and support is still very much needed here for the kids, but the teachers are dedicated and doing their best with what they have. Meeting the kids was a blast and we enjoyed interacting with them.Written 5 July 2018
- If you love animals and love seeing them in their natural habitat, this the trip for you! Our guides were very knowledgeable and worked diligently. The accommodations were fabulous including two nights in a tent! Mark and Lucy were invaluable in guiding us through the process and paperwork! Odyssey is top notch; we look forward to our next trip with them! M & RWritten 19 November 2022
- Fantastic souvenir shop with many local products. I bought several beads-containers, wooden bowl, woven basket. Came back twice as there were so many things to check out. The two ladies working there are extremely friendly and hospitable. Things were actually cheaper than at the hotel and at Nairobi duty free. Can pay by credit card. Shop closes at 5 pm. A must visit if you are ever in nanyuki!Written 31 October 2015
- I recently hiked the Sirimon-Chogoria route with Ahambi Tours. My friends and I had an amazing experience from start to finish. Our guides, Eldad and Patrick, were knowledgeable, attentive, and very encouraging. We felt safe and taken care of during the hike. Our porters and cooks also did an amazing job ensuring that our hike was successful. Special shout out to the chefs who made all of our meals so delicious! I would highly recommend using this tour company for a successful summit of Lenana peak.Written 27 October 2022
- Do not hesitate to book your adventure to Mount Kenya with African Ascents! We spent 8 days on the mountain trekking to Point Lenana and my partner to climbing to Nelion Peak. Julian’s team are exceptionally professional and accommodating. We chose to have our meals prepared for us, which was totally worth it. They were delicious, well-balanced and packed full of fresh fruit and vegetables (exactly what we wanted after a day of hiking). Our tents were always invitingly set up by the time we reached the next camp. Our guides (Jacob and David) were incredibly knowledgable, not just about the altitude (incredibly important) and the hike itself, but about the fauna and flora, the animals and almost anything else we had to ask about Kenya. This added greatly to our experience. Our porters, camp manager and chef were all friendly and very helpful. We summited Point Lenana at sunrise at which point my partner proposed to me. African Ascents went the extra mile to help him arrange champagne for us, and to make us feel very comfortable and spoilt. It’s worth mentioning twice - if you’re planning on climbing Mount Kenya, don’t hesitate to use African Ascents. The experience they provide can’t be beat! Thank you Julian, Charlotte and the rest of the team for an unforgettable holiday. We will be back!Written 6 November 2022
- I recently visited Ol Pejeta conservancy with Jemu Mwenda Expeditions. I have visited the conservancy many times in the past with different companies.
Visiting with Jemu Expeditions was amazing. James has a very friendly and outgoing personality. He is easy to talk.
Not only did we share fabulous sightings but we had great conversations about the animals, the topography, the drought, challenges and victories that the conservancies and parks are facing right now
James' respect for the animals and the place was unbeatable. I learned so much from him and we shared ideas about how we can all be better stewards of the planet.
I HIGHLY recommend traveling with Jemu Expeditions for a great safari experience.Written 3 December 2022
- Ben was extremely professional, thoughtful, and fun! We had a great trip with Ben and he made sure that everyone was accommodated and safe. Would definitely recommend Game Africa Safaris!Written 8 June 2022
- I traveled with Wilson and Peter for 24 days to see the most wildlife I could on my meager budget. They were sweet guys, doing everything possible for me to see (and photograph) the awesome wildlife of Kenya. Honest, reliable. LONG game drives! Saw and photographed the big 5 and so many more. New species every day! Great tour company to meet your requests!Written 7 April 2022
- Met James, the owner and he was so amazing !! Such help with the friendliest smile.
All round great experience and will definitely make an extra effort to see him againWritten 11 August 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Nanyuki Municipality
- The best outdoor activities in Nanyuki Municipality according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Nanyuki Municipality on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Nanyuki Municipality according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy Day Tour from Nairobi
- Day Tour To Mt. Kenya
- Day tour to Olpejeta Conservancy from Nairobi
- Day Tour To Mt. Kenya
- Day trip to Ol Pejeta conservancy from Nairobi