What travellers are saying
- Our cottage at Mahindra Corbett was right on the banks of the river Kosi. This year's severe monsoon has made the river Kosi gushing with water in its full glory. The Kosi or Koshi is a transboundary river which flows through China, Nepal and India. It drains the northern slopes of the Himalayas in Tibet and the southern slopes in Nepal. From a major confluence of tributaries north of the Chatra Gorge onwards, the Kosi River is also known as Saptakoshi. In Hindu mythology, there are several stories about this rive. One of the most popular stories is that Kosi was the daughter of Lord Shiv and was extremely beautiful. A demon fell in love with her and proposed to marry Kosi. Unable to say no, because that would infuriate the demon, Kosi told the demon if he could contain her within the Himalayas for one night, she would marry him. The Demon started working furiously and by midnight, sensing that the Demon would complete his work by dawn, River Kosi went to her father Shiv and requested him to help. Lord Shiv disguised him as a cock and in the middle of the night started crowing where Demon was working. Hearing this the Demon became nervous and ran away to save his life. Well, that was just the story but we enjoyed sitting on the glorious full-of-life river Kosi. The sun rises behind the mountains full of greenery, the sunshine falling on the lowing river and making it shine like Gold was an extremely amazing experience.Written 24 August 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful gallery. Must visit when planning a trip to corbett. Beautifully captured wildlife. Short and sweet is how I would sum up my experience in the gallery.Written 27 July 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Got to know about the place from TripAdvisor. This place is a must visit place for people who love nature and fresh farm products. There also a cafe present in the farm where you can have freshly made mojito and shakes.Written 16 November 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It's small , no possibility of sitting or getting your feet wet, has a number of steps to climb. Not convenient for senior citizens or young kidsWritten 26 March 2023
- Very nice place to visit and full of faith! Lord Hanuman! The temple of very nice place to visit with familyWritten 12 October 2022
- Visited the place as i didnt get any another core area gate permit.. found the place worth going. I spotted elephant at paulgarh gate while going back @ THE TIGER GROOVE Resort in Kyari,Written 4 May 2019
- This is one of the old famous temple. This is famous among local people. Place is less crowded. Silent place.Written 25 October 2018
- Good zone to explore Corbett landscape. Birding was good.. Tiger is difficult. Try to stay overnight at Lohachauur FRH that is located in a nice area. We went for safari and saw lesser fish eagle, spotted forktail, Himalayan bluetail, grey winged blackbird, stork billed and created kingfisher, ashy bulbul and lesser racket railed drongoWritten 22 October 2023
- Visited Maximum Gates of Main Zones including Jhirna and Dhikala and we have sight of Tigers as well. Must visit if you are in Jim CorbettWritten 19 July 2023
- The view around the Dikala forest rest house was incredible. We had tried to get a room there but could not get. However we visited the rest house to get a feel of the sorroundingWritten 23 January 2022
- It is a beautiful village right in middle of jungle , with surrounded by Khichdi and Dabka river . Must go for Village and Bird walk.Written 7 February 2023
- Not seen a more beautiful and amazing placed ground it was a surprise as the booking was done by friend and I was blown away by the first glimpse of the ground from top and wished why I had waited so long
Must visit for all cricket lovers and perfect for some looking for practice and sharpen their skills. They’ve all cricket related facilities from nets to bowling machinesWritten 24 April 2018
- Excellent job done. Very well done and value for money with all good material used . Thankz to venziaWritten 13 October 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Jim Corbett National Park
Jim Corbett National Park Attractions Information
|Tuesday, 11:18 am|