Top Attractions in Area de Conservacion Guanacaste
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We had a great experience at the Hacienda el Viejo! The tour was very organized. We participated in the boat tour, lunch, and rum making experience. It was the perfect length. The boat tour was very interesting. We saw one white faced monkey, a family of howler monkeys, tons of crocodiles, and some interesting birds! Our guide was fantastic and took some great pictures of our family that he later shared with us through Instagram. The lunch was delicious and very relaxing. Our rum tour was interesting. It was nice to make our own rum at the end of the tour. The property was beautiful. This was a relaxing alternative to all the other busy activities we did!Written 8 January 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- John Wayne and Alex the best tour guides in Costa Rica because on the way there, we got the narration of the entire countryWritten 17 August 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We save the best national park for last - Santa Rosa, the day before we flew back to the USA. We didn't make our reservation until the night before and learned to our utter dismay that the park is closed on Tuesdays. We got there too late in the day our last visit to Costa Rica. And this was probably our last visit to Costa Rica so I cried I was so disappointed. We drove slowly along the road to the entrance, but they wouldn't let us stop to birdwatch so we were tremendously disappointed. I still rated the park of very good because I'm sure it would have been had we been able to visit it!Written 7 February 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was our destination for a great guided kayak tour set up by Hotel Punta Islita. Dry season meant we put in an hour from Ocean and paddled both ways... easy, beautiful and informative.Written 13 March 2020
- These very small islands off shore within the National Park are lovely for snorkeling, kayaking and a bit of hiking. The water is clear, warm and inviting. On the way down from the hill tops, you had to sit and slide down as the gravel is very fine and loose. Lots of tropical fish to see and study as well as picture perfect blue skies. A lovely morning in natures best.Written 10 December 2019
- great track, lots of undulation with greens running around 11.5
plenty of creativity and routes to the green complexes. fantastic layout, awesome views!Written 2 February 2020
The most Amazing Tour Guide ever!
He spent the entire day educating us on Costa Ricas food, culture, weather, terrain, animals and so much more.
He wouldn't give up until he found us a Toucan and Britt candy.
Five Stars Gino!Written 11 September 2022
- Eric was proactive in reaching out to me when the baby turtles were hatching which I really appreciate. He scheduled a guide to meet me and everything was very organized. I would use him again to organize future trips. He was very helpful in his communication (telling us what we should bring, etc..).
1. Leave extra time to get down to Ostional as the road is not good right now. If Waze says 1 1/2 hours... give yourself 2 hours.
2. Make sure you wear bug spray (there were lots of biting bugs on beach).
3. See if Eric can get you an english speaking guide if you don't speak spanish.
4. It is slightly chilly before the sun rises but gets warm quickly so a light cover up is good and tie around your waste.
5. It may be raining so pack a light rain jacket if you have one.Written 25 October 2022
- My daughter and I did surf lessons, and they were amazing. We were picked up by boat on the beach in front of our resort and were brought to a beautiful beachy area. The lessons were amazing, and we were able to surf for hours. Sergio and his captain were kind, thorough, and made the day really special. I highly recommend them, especially you are beginners like us.Written 2 January 2023
- BOOK THIS!! From Texas and I’ve been fishing many times across the US, this is the best fishing experience I’ve ever had. I had to do little to nothing and seeing that I don’t know how to do anything but reel was very nice. We caught black tuna, Mahi Mahi and Sailfish in one trip! They cut up the mahi mahi on the boat for us and served it to us with fresh fruit and other marinades and dipping sauces. These guys are the REAL DEAL and know exactly what they are doing. Also a BLAST hanging out with them. This was not just the highlight of this trip but probably the best experience I’ve ever had on a vacation. Even if you don’t like to fish, go! We saw multiple schools of dolphins, all kinds of bird and sea turtles! BOOK IT!!Written 11 January 2023
- When I arrived at the airport in Liberia, I had no transport and checked the website of Mr. JHONNY ROJAS and offered me a good transport price, very friendly and good transport service, thank you very much, 100% RECOMMENDEDWritten 12 February 2020
- John Wayne was great to deal with from beginning to end. He was informative, honest & totally down to earth. Exactly the kind of person I want any of my excursions while travelling to start with.
I met John Wayne on my first day at Secrets Papagayo, he wasn’t pushy, laid out the options and gave me few days to decide what I wanted to do. I opted for the JetSki excursion. It did not disappoint at all. If you want to be able to fully enjoy the excursion and all that it offers, I recommend doing it earlier in the day as opposed to the afternoon. Regardless of the time of day, it’s still an amazing experience.
All and all, it was a kickass way to spend a few hours!
Thank you for everything John! Pura Vida!Written 24 January 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Area de Conservacion Guanacaste
- The best day trips from Area de Conservacion Guanacaste according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Miravalles Volcano and Waterfalls from Playa Hermosa
- Miravalles volcano Tour and Waterfalls from Playa Flamingo
- Santa Rosa National Park & Liberia City Tour
- Miravalles Crater and Waterfalls from Tamarindo
- Miravalles Volcano Private Nature Tour with Hot Spring
- The most popular things to do in Area de Conservacion Guanacaste with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- GoSouth Adventures Costa Rica
- Hacienda El Viejo Wetlands
- Sea Star CR Sport Fishing and Adventure Tours
- Transmila Transfers & Tours
- Parque Nacional Santa Rosa
Area de Conservacion Guanacaste Attractions Information
|Local Time||Saturday, 12:48 am|