Top Attractions in Playa Carrillo
What travellers are saying
- Nice, clean beach. Safe, quiet town. Beach is long. Great if you want to run or walk. I opted for Carillo instead of Samara because I prefer places with less hustle and bustle. Got to and from Playa Carillo by public bus. Awesome spot to watch the sunset!Written 5 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Nicoya peninsula ,one of 5 blue zones in the world,was an adventure.from the sandy beaches to the hill tops,each provide a different view of life in Costa Rica.I stayed on a Teak tree farm(Bauer farm) and it was a different experience.Listening to the wind"roar" through the trees at night accompanied by the howler monkeys gave me a sense of a more remote,private and isolated style of living which can be appealing.There was no wifi etc so it was good for reflective,"down" time..a change to think and regroup.The roads to get here were a challenge and not for inexperienced drivers.Written 20 March 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We really enjoyed visiting this refuge. They do a great job providing information on the animals and do everything they can to ensure you get good pictures. All of the entry fee goes to support the animals and expand their sanctuary.Written 6 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You should not miss Kelly’s yoga classes when you’re in Carrillo/Samara. Especially the Wednesday sunset class at the Puesta del Sol B&B. MagicalWritten 9 April 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Playa Carrillo
- The top attractions to visit in Playa Carrillo are: See all attractions in Playa Carrillo on Tripadvisor