- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
17 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- We went to Benanti Vineyards and Winery for a tour and tasting over lunch with a small tour from the cruise ship port in Giardini Naxos (Taormina) Sicily. It was a beautiful drive up into Mt Etna hills. The winery and public areas are actually at the same location as the beautiful family home, and it was fun to see young family members enjoying their swimming pool as we walked into a vineyard. As other reviewers post, the tasting room is open to the public and the wines are very good! Benanti has helped lead the elevation of Mt Etna wines in recent years. We enjoyed the perfect lunch of charcuterie and a course of light pasta as one of the Benanti co-owners described the wines, that was such an unexpected treat! A great place to visit!Written 11 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are looking to pass some time in a natural environment then Casa delle farfalle is the place. You will not see one piece of cement, all built from wood, it has an insect area, butterfly area and material area. It is a guided tour and very informative, it is great for kids to learn about the life cycle of the butterfly. We were shown in to the butterfly house first which was great with butterflies flying all around us, we were even introduced to a stick insect. After we were guided into the insect house which my kids loved, they even got to stroke a Millipede and were introduced to many other insects, then we were lead into the material area where they showed us how silk was produced. Our last stop was the information house and then we were left to our own devices so we could have a look through the butterfly house again. Outside there was a playground area for the kids and a covered picnic area. There is also a walk leading through the woods which we started to do but turned round and ran out the moment we saw a snake slithering under the leaves. Definitely worth a visit if you are looking to pass a morning in a nice natural place.Written 5 November 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were supposed to visit a winery after our trip to Etna but due to a misunderstanding it was not possible. We were instead recommendated to go to Etna museum for wine tasting and that was quite an experince. Numerous good Sicilian wines and a never ending line of aperitivos resulted in a very enjoyable afternoon having missed the winery visit. To be honest we did not really check out the small museum, wine tasting and aperitivos took all our time.Written 10 May 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fascinating and enlightening. Great to see how the wine used to be made here and learn about the terroir from Salvatore who also made it fun. Then we had a great two course lunch with a wine tasting and got to try rosé, white and reds and some wonderful fig jam alongside the cheese and salami. Our favourite wine tasting experience in the Etna areaWritten 4 October 2022
- Dario & Basilio are great guides that show you a wonderful and extreme side of the Etna. They are knowledgeable but most importantly very fun and focussed on making the best experience possible! Grazia!!!! Don't hesitate and book with these guys!!!Written 12 September 2020
- Thank you Giuseppe! We have had an excellent tour of the Etna. We are a family with three boys (16, 14, 11 year), we all found the excursion our highlight on Sicily! We have seen breath taking points of view. Giuseppe is flexible, because of the weather it was better to start earlier and it was no problem. The boys wanted to take detours and climb higher, also no problem for him. Giuseppe knows a lot and is passionate about the Etna. We learned so much from him about the surrounding flora and fauna, geography, geology and history.
Highly recommended, we loved it!Written 14 August 2022
- Lucca came and picked us, since the moment we step on the car everything was an experience, even thought we choose the half day trip we learned so much about Sicilia, Catania, Etna, amazing experience. Thanks for everything Lucca, we’ll definitely come back again !Written 8 November 2019
- We took this tour on two vacations to Sicily - once with my whole family and once just my husband and I. The first time was more of an adventure - off roading through the Etna area. We got to see some spectacular views. Mario and his guide told us amazing stories of Etna and the area. Also included in that trip was lunch at a winery and a catamaran trip on the sea. It was a fantastic way to end the day. A trip my family and I will never forget! The second time my husband and I decided we wanted to do more of a wine-tasting tour. Mario took us to some spectacular wineries in the Etna region and also some off-roading. Mario is very passionate about what he does. His knowledge of the area is incredible. I would definitely do this tour again and I highly recommend it!Written 17 August 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Viagrande
- The best outdoor activities in Viagrande according to Tripadvisor travellers are: See all outdoor activities in Viagrande on Tripadvisor
- The most popular things to do in Viagrande with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Viagrande on Tripadvisor