Architectural Buildings • Castles
What travellers are saying
- Very picturesque estate, well taken care of. Discovered it while biking to Ouderkerk aan de Amstel and was fascinated by the nature of the garden and its surroundings. Would definitely go back in springWritten 26 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Jac P. Thijssenpark is a so-called "heempark", inwhich the local flora is presented in a natural environment. There entrance is free and is interesting to visit in every season. A must do when visiting Amstelveen.Written 10 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice park to have a picnic. I bicycled from Amsterdam to Ouderkerk. This was a great place to stop for a moment, have a picnic and eat something.Written 18 June 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Went to see Jimmy Eat world and they were brilliant! Open outdoor theatre in the middle of the forest was as expected - long walk from civilization, big queue to the toilets (which didn't have a hand dryer BTW instead we were all sharing the same hand towel) but the biggest drawback had to be the coin system to buy drinks. You firstly had to queue up to buy coins (5 coins for €16 - pay by card only) then queue to purchase food and drinks. The 5 coins got us 2 very very small plastic cups of wine and 2 very very small beers. The open theatre itself was very nice and pretty at night however the planes flying over can be distracting to us and to the band. Staff weren't the friendliest - took our umbrella off us and if it rained we'd have got wet! Also, even if you get there a couple of hours early to get a good seat then when a show starts everyone will just stand in front of you and on the steps to block your view anyway. Not necessarily a problem for us but for those who HAVE to sit for the show (medical problems etc) you need to work out where you will sit to get a good view of the stage with everyone standing up everywhere.Written 27 June 2022
- The employees show you the best route and it was so easy to rent online. And the views were beautiful!Written 30 September 2023
- Very nice and cozy bar close to the Amsterdamsebos. The crew working there is really kind and helpful and the vegetarian tosti was delicious!Written 10 August 2021