- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- We came at 9:30 am on a Monday and there was only one bus and a few cars there. We bypassed the tour group and got an explanation of the cheese making process followed by a complimentary tasting. Then we went out back to see the baby cows! The cheese prices are very reasonable and they have souvenirs from 2€. A very nice small farm. I highly recommend it!Written 5 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must visit when wandering around the Bos, where the kids can wander freely amongst the goats, pigs and chickens, feeding them and brushing the goats. Also a good play area and maze to run around. Fab restaurant to enjoy local produce.Written 16 February 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Expanding with new stores. more outdoor restaurant seating as the lovely weather is promoting a visit on the patio. the parking is still a great plus as it is available from multiple directions.Written 14 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Start with a cup of coffee or tea in the Bakery Out near the little bridge in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel. Did you know that Ouderkerk is the founding place of Amsterdam?
After the stop go left over the bridge. First part till you pass the highway A9, aprox. 2 km, you enter the world of the oldest Polder in NL.
Enjoy the ride!Written 3 July 2019
- The Jac P. Thijssenpark is a so-called "heempark", inwhich the local flora is presented in a natural environment. There entrance is free and is interesting to visit in every season. A must do when visiting Amstelveen.Written 10 November 2019
- Very picturesque estate, well taken care of. Discovered it while biking to Ouderkerk aan de Amstel and was fascinated by the nature of the garden and its surroundings. Would definitely go back in springWritten 26 October 2018
- Last month I took my granddaughter and her friends to Elsenhove which is very near to amstelveen. It's a great petting farm where children can see and play with farm animals. They can enter the enclosure of goats and play with them . There is donkey,the cows with calves, they can also see the huge pigs and the piglets . As you walk round the path, you come across the rabits . Children are very happy to see their activities.Chickens are there i n their enclosures . There are varieties of them. Some of them are really beautiful.
If gou are tired you can take your refreshments in the restaurant inside.
Children can enjoy snack .
There are some water bodies along the sides of the farm where plenty of waterbirds are swimming or preying. Just outside saw a grey heron meditating on the waterside.
2 yrs back when I went there we saw pea cocks. But may be they are hiding somewhere in that big farm . We could not see them . Ducks were honking. On the whole it was a pleasant experience.
If you can wait children can also feed the animals in the afternoon
This is educative and pleasant for both children and adult.Written 9 April 2019
- A nice park to have a picnic. I bicycled from Amsterdam to Ouderkerk. This was a great place to stop for a moment, have a picnic and eat something.Written 18 June 2022
- Gorgeous place to visit during cherry blossom season. Stunning view, just feel like you are in Japan for Cherry blossom season.Written 29 March 2017
- in addition to books, reading tables and a nice wash room, there is a cafe and a place to top up the snel card which is necessary to use the public transit.Written 20 January 2020
- A good bike trip from Amsterdam (you can stop at the Kalfje for lunch, smoked eel!).
Mysterious, seemingly neglected, large and swampy which causes some coffins to sink over the centuries, with fascinating tours available.Written 19 September 2019
- A great park for walking round..there is a few cafes around it and a large boating lake,,Perfect for a spot of sun bathing if the weather is goodWritten 22 April 2018
- This lovely polder is about a 15 minute walk from my house and very close to the Amstel River. If you want a nice walk or bike ride it is easily accessible from public transportation, specifically line 51/5. I suggest getting off at Uilenstede and walking down Kalvjeslaan until you hit the river. On the left you can take photos at the windmill and then around and you’ll see the cafe on the river for a coffee or light lunch. Then take a right out of the cafe and walk down to the polder. Take another right where you see signs for the middenpolder and walk back on machineweg past the water treatment plant and back to the metro stop at Zonnestein. All said and done it is about 5 miles (8km). I highly recommend going on a sunny day...it is normally very windy on the polder!Written 5 February 2018
- Stadstuinen Amstelveen are situated next to the main shopping mall of Amstelveen and are designed in a modern style with straight clean lines.There are some borders featuring perrenial plands and scrubs and a large lawn overlooked by low blocks of appartments and condominiums.Despite the central location few visitors mear peace and reflexion are possible.An avenue of Japanese cherry trees is usually in bloom in April;Rhododendrons flower early may.Written 25 July 2017
- They make some amazing varieties of Cheese here and the process is explained in detail to the visitors, just bear the Cheesy smell and you will be able to understand the work involved, we just take it of the shelves bill it buy it and consume it.
Apart from the Cheese they also make wooden shoes for all ages. A lot of souvenirs are available at the Rembrandt Hoeve which are worth buying, great staff with a lot of smiling faces, eager to help you decide what you should take.Written 14 March 2020