Bodies of Water • Biking Trails
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
What travellers are saying
- Start with a cup of coffee or tea in the Bakery Out near the little bridge in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel. Did you know that Ouderkerk is the founding place of Amsterdam?
After the stop go left over the bridge. First part till you pass the highway A9, aprox. 2 km, you enter the world of the oldest Polder in NL.
Enjoy the ride!Written 3 July 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The Jac P. Thijssenpark is a so-called "heempark", inwhich the local flora is presented in a natural environment. There entrance is free and is interesting to visit in every season. A must do when visiting Amstelveen.Written 10 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very picturesque estate, well taken care of. Discovered it while biking to Ouderkerk aan de Amstel and was fascinated by the nature of the garden and its surroundings. Would definitely go back in springWritten 26 October 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A nice park to have a picnic. I bicycled from Amsterdam to Ouderkerk. This was a great place to stop for a moment, have a picnic and eat something.Written 18 June 2022
- Gorgeous place to visit during cherry blossom season. Stunning view, just feel like you are in Japan for Cherry blossom season.Written 29 March 2017
- A great park for walking round..there is a few cafes around it and a large boating lake,,Perfect for a spot of sun bathing if the weather is goodWritten 22 April 2018
- The cream tea was good with a nice variety of sweet and savoury. We sat in the garden and it was very relaxing.
We had booked a bouquet arranging workshop. We picked our own flowers. That was fine. But the workshop was not really instructive. Better to pick your own and take them home to arrange. Much cheaper.Written 11 August 2019
- This lovely polder is about a 15 minute walk from my house and very close to the Amstel River. If you want a nice walk or bike ride it is easily accessible from public transportation, specifically line 51/5. I suggest getting off at Uilenstede and walking down Kalvjeslaan until you hit the river. On the left you can take photos at the windmill and then around and you’ll see the cafe on the river for a coffee or light lunch. Then take a right out of the cafe and walk down to the polder. Take another right where you see signs for the middenpolder and walk back on machineweg past the water treatment plant and back to the metro stop at Zonnestein. All said and done it is about 5 miles (8km). I highly recommend going on a sunny day...it is normally very windy on the polder!Written 5 February 2018
- Stadstuinen Amstelveen are situated next to the main shopping mall of Amstelveen and are designed in a modern style with straight clean lines.There are some borders featuring perrenial plands and scrubs and a large lawn overlooked by low blocks of appartments and condominiums.Despite the central location few visitors mear peace and reflexion are possible.An avenue of Japanese cherry trees is usually in bloom in April;Rhododendrons flower early may.Written 25 July 2017
- After lunch on sunday afternoon we visited this park (???). It's not worth visit because : firstly, it is not a park supposed to be . It is a green strip at the backyard of the flats with a small stream and on the other side of the stream is a small path next to the A9 Highway. the second, dog poo is everywhere on the path and the third, you will be cheated by the parking machine. It will cost you € 16,00 no matter you park for 30 minutes or 4 hours.Written 5 November 2018
- I was really amazed by art manifestation Cure Park. When I visited there was a full program for the whole family. Several art works hidden behind the trees, a kids workshop, a lecture and a filmprogram. Cure Park makes you think about care, healing and cure, about how we want to organize, give and receive care. Very investing and varied program about food, deafness, disabilities, about the life cycle (birth, sexuality and death)Written 18 June 2017
- What a lovely surprise to walk through this stunning orchard of cherry blossoms. Despite it being during covid, there were literally hundreds of folk picnicking under the cherry blossoms.Written 1 September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Amstelveen
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Amstelveen:See more nature & parks for couples in Amstelveen on Tripadvisor
- These are the best hidden gems for nature & parks in Amstelveen:See more hidden gem nature & parks in Amstelveen on Tripadvisor