Top Attractions in Kapaau
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- We were welcomed by Auntie who gave us some safety information and historical information. Hike can be slick headed down to this beautiful black sand beach but we had a nice dry day. Take water and maybe a nutritious bar before hiking out! Downhill to the beach and then 372 feet up to the trailhead. Get there early for good parking. I recommend hiking boots and polesWritten 24 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed seeing the statue of the king in his original form. It seemed to be a very popular spot for people to come take pictures with and also to view all of the history around the building.Written 10 March 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- How often can you say you have been to end of the road>???
It was a fun drive.3 one way little bridges and all worth the peace of the view....we did not hike down but spoke to those that did..They loved itWritten 8 December 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rugged smaller beach and bay; inspiring when the big surf is breaking. Small protected area, behind a small peninsula, for wading, or playing with kids. Bathrooms, picnic tables.Written 26 March 2021
- Rocky shoreline with limited area to swim. I would not recommend this location for swimming. It was a nice place to eat and look at the water and take pictures of Maui in the distance. The location was run down but there are bathrooms and they work.Written 4 September 2021
- This is a wonderful place. We have stopped often to see what videos of the birds they are caring for but this year we got to see the interactive center that they have. Very interesting facts on native vs. non native birds, videos, and some hands on items. Cute gift shop too. The staff is very helpful.Written 15 July 2018
- We thought that this Kamehameha statue might be here but it turns out that it is mainly a ball field and has a swimming pool. Not a lot here.Written 20 February 2020
- statue across the street, food next door..This shop has a lot,tons of stuff and it is LARGE..SPEND SOME TIME HERE LookingWritten 8 December 2022
- This was a great outing for the whole family. We had ages from 4 to 73. Everyone had a blast. It's a cheap outing. As a bonus there is a hike down to the ocean that 2 in the party took.Written 7 January 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Kapaau
Kapaau Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday, 8:22 am|