Travelers flock to Pier 60 to stroll along this iconic fishing pier. Since Clearwater Beach is a west-facing beach, it’s a popular spot to catch the sunset. There’s even a nightly sunset celebration featuring performances by musicians, firebreathers, dancers, and more. Get a ticket to walk along the farthest end of the pier and spot pelicans circling the sky. You can buy handicrafts from street vendors and listen to live music along the way. Stay at a waterfront hotel to enjoy Clearwater Beach to the fullest and discover all the great restaurants and shops around the beach. – Tripadvisor
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
What is Travellers’ Choice?
Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.
Top ways to experience Pier 60 and nearby attractions
Neighbourhood: Clearwater Beach
Reach out directly
192 within 5 kms
93 within 10 kms
See what travellers are saying
- I'm torn on how to write this reviewThere is a review recently called "It's a Pier, right?" That sums up my feelings. However, I tend to think this visit is not just the pier. It's also the beach, the stores, restaurant and play areas. If you fold those into the visit with the pier, it is pretty cool. I would make this a stop not to miss. The Pier itself is kind of boring. Paying $5.00 to walk out to the end doesn't create a better experience. Stopping at the gate is good enough unless you plan to fish.Visited October 2022Written 6 January 2023
- What a HUGE Waterslide on the beachThe amazing sunsets and tranquility are priceless. Next to the pier 60 is the GIANT Waterslide and Bungee trampoline, I love that it is family friendly and activities for all ages right on the beach. This is truly an incredible beach. and great for any vacation.Visited February 2023Written 6 February 2023
- Birds of preyThe pier views are amazing, there is a store in the center, super convenient. We had gotten ice cream before heading out the end. While I was standing watching view. A bird flew down next to my fave while taking a bite of my ice cream and knocked it out of my hand. Super craziness. Should do a better job of pest control. Other then that was pretty nice. They did have pelicans living at the end of the dock.. should do clean up of bird poo all over.Visited January 2023Travelled as a coupleWritten 7 February 2023
- Wonderful Area to View the Sunset1Had to experience the beach while we were in Clearwater. Parked at Surf and Sand for $20 all day. Public parking is unbelievable. These people must get there at 7 a.m. Enjoyed the beach and the walk on Pier 60. Great experience.Visited February 2023Written 15 February 2023
- Nice walk out on the pierWe enjoyed the Pier 60 experience. Went early in the evening with plans to watch the sunset and got so much more The pier is full of vendors selling their items which was really nice, lots of things to choose from and look at. About midway there is a gate and you can go beyond to the end of the pier for $1....do it ...you get some amazing sunset views and there are lots of fisherman out trying their luck. Great picture opportunities and sunset views.Visited March 2023Written 31 March 2023
- Great PierCool environment with large Pelicans hanging around and people snagging unique fish out of the ocean. Pay the extra $1.00 and go out to the furthest point and relax on a bench or people watch. Great break from the hustle and bustle of Spring Break and traffic etc.Visited April 2023Travelled with familyWritten 3 April 2023
- They had his name!Fun vibe and great views. The first part of the pier was filled with art and craft vendors. Very unique, and we actually found a bracelet maker that had a bracelet with our son's name on it...first time ever. The second part of the pier was for fishing and enjoying the views, and again, it did not disappoint. Pier is clean, and most of the people are friendly. We actually went there multiple time during our vacation.Visited April 2023Travelled with familyWritten 8 April 2023
- One of the prettiestWe came here after reading all the reviews on TA. The beach is absolutely one of the prettiest beaches I have seen. It is so wide, that there is plenty of room for everyone not to be all crowded in. The sand is white, the water was perfect, plenty of space to move around. Some vendors all around, live music, a food mart, restrooms, and plenty of parking. Loved it. We went at 6 pm so the heat wasn't so bad and it was just right. Loved it and it is a must!!!!!!Visited July 2023Written 17 July 2023
These reviews are the subjective opinion of Tripadvisor members and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Nov 2023 • Couples
Pier is nice and clean. There are kids activites including bouncy house shaped like a shark and a nice park. This is a great place to unwind when you want to explore
Written 7 November 2023
Mar 2023 • Couples
You have to stop and enjoy the view from the pier. Is very nice, good ambiance. Good spot for the sunset too. A mandatory spot to visit if you go to Clearwater, FL
Written 6 November 2023
Sep 2023 • Family
Great pier to walk with kids. Really wide with plenty of room on each side and multiple places to stop and sit or take pictures. Best of all, it is free and not too long of a walk to the end! Looked like some fishing was going on too.
Written 5 October 2023
Aug 2023 • Family
The cabanas and sun loungers are relatively expensive and the people taking the money take your details on a pad. At this point, there is a selection to tip just for taking money off you. Tip for this, tip for that😞
Written 31 August 2023
Jun 2023 • Friends
Nice pier that is worth checking out. My favorite part was seeing the pelicans. Great views. There is a nice shop that has snacks, souvenirs, and fishing gear. There is a small fee to enter. There are a couple of shops just before entering or exiting. Nice palm tree lined path going up to the pier. At night, the pier sets up vendors selling all sorts of stuff. Worth checking out. Enjoy!
Written 14 August 2023
Great place to watch the sunsets. Totally worth the $1.00 entry to go completely out on the pier and they have a nice little gift shop.
Written 9 August 2023
I cannot say we were super impressed by Pier 60. We mistakenly first visited on a Sunday morning - and there just was not much going on. However, we did enjoy all the local shops and restaurants. The area was a lot of fun. We returned on Sunday evening and the area was much more lively. Vendors start setting up a couple hours before sunset. Some of the vendors were great - nice jewelry and gifts; however others were cheap and gimmicky. I would go back if close by and a visit would be convenient but not if it was out of the way. We also did not pay the $1 to go to the end of the pier since we don't fish.
Written 1 August 2023
We came here after reading all the reviews on TA. The beach is absolutely one of the prettiest beaches I have seen. It is so wide, that there is plenty of room for everyone not to be all crowded in. The sand is white, the water was perfect, plenty of space to move around. Some vendors all around, live music, a food mart, restrooms, and plenty of parking. Loved it. We went at 6 pm so the heat wasn't so bad and it was just right. Loved it and it is a must!!!!!!
Written 18 July 2023
Took a walk down to Pier 60 and I was not impressed. Read lots of good reviews but I felt unsafe there. Homeless sleeping in the park, pan handlers, lots of unsavory characters leering at you. Couldn't what to get out of there and back to the safety of my hotel.
Written 3 July 2023
We went out to the end of the pier for one night to watch the sunset; also saw some pelicans and people fishing; very nice
Written 16 June 2023
Showing results 1-10 of 4,108
Wife and I coming late June and would like to bring our portable game set which is like a combination of badminton and Pickleball. If we can find a flat space on the public beaches just north or south of Pier 60, are such games permitted? Search Sandy pickle to see what the game looks like of you need to see it before answering - not sure posting it here here is permitted
Wife and I coming late June and would like to bring our portable game set which is like a combination of badminton and Pickleball. If we can find a flat space on the public beaches just north or south of Pier 60, are such games permitted? (Google Sandy pickle to see what the game looks like of you need to see it before answering - not sure a link here is permitted)
How will Friday July 2 be for Clearwater Beach? Want to rent chairs and umbrellas. Do we need to be there at the crack of dawn to snatch chairs?
We personally got there around 10:00 a.m. everyday and never had a problem one day we were running behind and were there around noon and still got a cabana and 6 chairs so it all just depends on the traffic that day!
Pier 60 cabana rental double charged me. They are aware. They said my refund would take only a day to get back to me. I still don’t have it. Is there a way to contact them?
You may try to contact them by phone. Pier 60 cabana rentals phone number is (727) 462-6466. You might also find some additional contact info online.
What is the best time to find parking?
There is parking there. It depends on the weather. I would advise going 2 hours prior to sunset to try and get parking there are plenty of things to do prior to sunset Just make sure you are on pier about 1/2 hours to get a good spot
Pier 60 (Clearwater) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos) - Tripadvisor
Frequently Asked Questions about Pier 60
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Pier 60:
- Sea Screamer Boat Cruise in Clearwater Beach with Transport (From ₹ 8,251.92)
- Clearwater Beach Bus Express (From ₹ 6,584.69)
- Magnificent Helicopter Tour -Tampa Bay, Skyway Bridge, Beaches of Pinellas Co. (From ₹ 19,589.86)
- Discover Tampa with Local Stories from a Virtual Tour (From ₹ 2,500.00)
- Haunted History Tour (From ₹ 2,500.00)