Amazing trek with amazing people! This trek was the first that my husband and I have done with a guide, and our future treks will never be the same! Everything during your time is taken care of, and all you need to do is enjoy the scenery and the workout!
This experience includes a knowledgeable guide (we had Ranji), great meals, and everything you need to spend the night in the mountains!
Tips for tourists from USA:
- The purified water is great but my husband experienced some stomach issues, so try to stick to the mineral water bottles
- Don’t worry about your bags, they’ll keep them safe in the office
- If you have Ranji as your guide, he will make sure you’re safe the entire time, and will literally hold your hand if you need
- Toilet paper
- Cleansing wipes (there’s only a hose)
- Hand sanitizer
- Power bank for you phone, you probably won’t have internet access though
- Eye mask for sleeping
- Ear plugs in case other campers are loud
- Money for tips and snacks along the trek
- Cards or games to play with others!
First you’ll go into an office and be talked through your itinerary and what’s included. We really appreciated the transparency so we knew what to expect, which is really important when going trekking in a foreign country! We were then introduced to our guide, Ranji who immediately asked if we wanted him to carry anything which was so sweet! After we met him and got some hiking poles, we started our journey up to camp! The hike was beautiful and only took about an hour and a half. When we got to camp, Ranji made us some chai and set up our tent and sleeping bags. We spent the first night relaxing and walking around the camp area followed by snack time, a walk to a water source, dinner and a campfire. The next morning we woke up bright and early to go up to the snow line which was incredible! That was the entirety of day two and that was the best day ever! My husband did have some stomach issues this day though. When we got back, we played some games, had a wonderful dinner and went to sleep feeling accomplished. The next morning, we had a leisurely breakfast, said our goodbyes and made the hike back down to the office! In summary, we loved our experience and we made some great friends along our adventure!