What people are saying
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
What is Travellers’ Choice?
Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.
Top ways to experience Nusa Dua Beach
- ️ Nusa Penida Instagram Tour: The Most Famous Spots (Private All-Inclusive)235Recommended99% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Jet Boat Hirefrom₹11,845.66per adult (price varies by group size)
- Individual Tour in your Chosen Route with a Private Driver and Free WiFi319Recommended98% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Car Toursfrom₹802.78per adult (price varies by group size)
- Nusa Lembongan Instagram Tour: The Most Famous Spots (Private & All-Inclusive)19Recommended100% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Jet Boat Hirefrom₹10,993.45per adult (price varies by group size)
- Bali BEST Things to Do Private Full-day Tour from Your Hotel50Recommended98% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom₹809.60per adult (price varies by group size)
- Jet Ski Parasailing Banana Boat GWK Kecak Uluwatu Private Tour41Recommended90% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Scuba Divingfrom₹4,175.81per adult (price varies by group size)
- Best of Ubud: Monkey Forest, Temple, Waterfall, Rice Terrace & Art Villages798Recommended99% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom₹4,277.06per adult (price varies by group size)
- SPECIAL OFFERLempuyang Temple with Blue Lagoon Snorkeling Lunch Private Tour438Recommended99% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Adventure Toursfrom
₹5,283.68₹5,019.49per adult (price varies by group size)
- All Inclusive : Jumping Sliding at Aling- Aling Waterfall - Handara Gate - Lunch54Recommended100% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Car Toursfrom₹5,454.12per adult (price varies by group size)
- Nusa Penida Instagram Tour: Legendary Spots (Private & All-Inclusive)35Recommended100% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Jet Boat Hirefrom₹10,993.45per adult (price varies by group size)
- All inclusive Private 3 day tours package : Bali highlights220Bus Toursfrom₹14,913.60per adult (price varies by group size)
- Private Car Charter in Bali with an English-speaking Driver190Bus Toursfrom₹1,491.36per adult (price varies by group size)
- SPECIAL OFFERBlue Lagoon Snorkeling - Lunch - Kantolampo - Tibumana Waterfall95Car Toursfrom
₹4,090.59₹3,681.53per adult (price varies by group size)
- 4 Days Wonderfull of Bali Private Guided Tour Free WiFi11Bus Toursfrom₹19,004.19per adult (price varies by group size)
355 within 5 kms
Sorrento Mediterranean Restaurant
0.6 km₹₹₹₹ • Vegetarian Friendly • Vegan Options • Gluten Free Options
68 within 10 kms
See what other travellers are saying
- Nice beach, a lot of seaweed, where to rent chairsFor those who are not staying at a resort on the Nusa Dua strip, you can rent chairs for 100,000K right after the Inaya Putri Bali resort. The chairs in front of resorts can not be rented. We were here in Jan 2020, and there was A LOT of seaweed, really bad in front of the Grand Hyatt, but are spots with less (pictured below). Our first time here so unsure if this is the norm or not. Honestly, for beautiful clean white sandy beaches, clear waters and amazing views, I would recommend instead making a trip to southern Lombok (Kuta Lombok). Just google Tanjung Aan, Selong Belanak, and Mawun beaches... and also everything is cheaper.Visited January 2020Travelled as a coupleWritten 28 January 2020
- NUsa Dua Beach - Second ReviewI first reviewed Nusa Dua beach in 2018 and commented that in late November/December the water was absolutely full of rubbish and gave it only 3 stars because of that. I want to give credit where its due and say that 12 months later it was absolutely stunning and not a single bit of rubbish could be seen. The water was warm and crystal clear, the sand well kept and plenty of time has been spent making the place look great. WI was told by a few people that the rubbish situation is seasonal as particular currents and water flows bring the rubbish into the area but that its soon flushed out. Based on my two visits (so far) that seems to be the case. So its only fair that I mention that in September 2019 it was fantastic and postcard perfect. We all enjoyed going for walks from the Novotels 2.28 Beach Club up to the Waterblow. Lots of great little bars and places to eat you can just stop in by the way and plenty of squirrels everywhere for people to feed ;) Hope its the same this later this year when we return - easily one of the best beaches in Bali, much better than the tourist traps over in Kuta/Legian. The black sand beaches up in Tabanan and Tanah Lot are only better because there's no-one on them :)Visited September 2019Written 15 February 2020
- Nusa Dua Beach and Waterfront-Solo TravelerDuring my solo travels to Bali, I took a day trip to Nusa Dua Beach. This beach is very calm and not full of crazy tourists/party goers. The water is crystal clear and there are many restaurants along the waterfront where you can relax with a Bingtag and watch the soothing ocean waves. During low tied, you can walk really far into the ocean without ever getting your knees wet. Be careful thought, there are lobster caves that emerge as the tied pushes back. You can actually see the fisherman go out and catch the fresh lobster of the day. Before the low tied, I took a dip in the sea and got pricked by a tiny baby lobster. I highly recommend taking the full scenic walk along the waterfront and visiting the peninsula island connected to Nusa Dua Beach. Truly a relaxing and un commercialized beach in the east side of Bali island.Visited October 2022Written 31 January 2023
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2023 • Couples
I stayed at a premier resort ritz carlton. Now these resorts are supposed to have best locations & beaches. No? Well I was absolutely shocked to see an ugly rocky marshy long stretch in front of the so called beach...with ocean far far back. This was due to the low tide, which I now sadly know is very prominent in bali. I actually stayed at a 5 star ritz carlton beach property WITH NO WATER. Only for 3 hours or so around 12 pm did ocean come to the beach (searing hot weather & time of day). Worst beach experience of my life. I dont know if whole Nusa Dua beach front is like this, but Ritz Carlton I can tell for sure! Not to mention lot of Sea weed in the water (for that short duration when ocean was there at the beach). Really an overrated destination.
Written 28 September 2023
Aug 2023 • Couples
We were staying close by so we decided to visit the Nusa Dua beach for drinks and dinner. We were immediately put off by the gates and security guards who checked our bags in the taxi and shops which looked like an Western outlet mall. The beaches were pretty but only accessible via the very very large hotels and the whole place felt like we were in Florida not Bali! It took us 20 minutes to find our way out of one the hotels to try to get back to the taxi pick up point at the shops. The whole area was very sanitised and presumably is aimed at those who don’t like anything other than 5 star and don’t want to experience the real Bali. At 5pm there was nowhere to eat or drink apart from in the hotel restaurants or the shopping area. We stayed an hour and left never to return!
Written 22 August 2023
Aug 2023 • Family
Calmer water to swim. Light beige soft sands. Good for kids to build sandcastles. Lots of eateries and shops yet still feel less crowded than Kuta. Within walking distance to Bali Collection shopping center.
Written 21 August 2023
Jul 2023 • Couples
Such a relaxing place to visit, we spent 5 hours relaxing on the bean bags under the umbrellas whist being served drinks at Reef beach club. Well worth a visit.
Written 30 July 2023
Jul 2023 • Business
Anybody planning to go to this beach should know that they can only enjoy a real beach feeling up until noon ; that is simply because as of noon, the water recedes due to the tide, turning the soul call beach into a mix between a Beach and a marsh; paying for something that you can only partially enjoy is probably not the best deal you may get ….
Written 17 July 2023
Jul 2023 • Business
Still one of the most scenic beach and district after decades.
Lesser crowd, clear waters, never fail to draw me back time after time.
Lesser crowd, clear waters, never fail to draw me back time after time.
Written 14 July 2023
Jul 2023 • Family
Don’t come to Bali expecting nice beaches they are disgusting full of plastic trash all of them . As a kiwi im appalled and will never visit again - a true description of Bali is it’s a rubbish dump
Written 11 July 2023
Sep 2022 • Family
One of the better beaches in Bali, less crowded and overrun. Also quite clean and serene. However many hotels line the beachfront so in some areas there is lots of activity and noise, beach front restaurants etc, other areas are more quiet, a bit of everything. Nusa Dua is a very family friendly and safe area.
Written 8 July 2023
Jun 2023 • Couples
We are staying nusa dua and walked about 30 minutes down the road and along the beach, dodging bad pathways and people trying to sell us just about everything because I thought it would be a good way to explore! We got so hot and tired. We arrived at the main part of this beach where the huge resorts have the set areas for them and trespassers are marched off. So we didn’t know where we were allowed to sit and rest or not. We had lunch at one of the very overpriced restaurants just to enjoy the beach at low tide which was not swimsble and no one was even wading in the water. Sea urchins apparently. As an Aussie, we swim in the ocean so this was a bit of a bummer. I’d go have a look in the area and keep going. We went back to our own resort on the other side of the main road and had a swim in the pool.
Written 14 June 2023
Jun 2023 • Family
What makes a wonderful beach? Proximity to hotel, length of time to get there, cleanliness and children’s reaction. Weighing in very heavily on children’s reaction, a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
Written 3 June 2023
Showing results 1-10 of 3,671
Hello everyone, Pretty bad thanks, my Gehrig’s is actually really bad today. Just wondering if one to visit this beach, would you be able to wheel chair? I sometimes lose my footing abruptly and hope I could use my wheel chair to access the beach. I hope you are well, thanks in advance, Chuck P
There is a wheelchair friendly walkway all along the beach from the hotels end to the public beach end
I would like to visit Nusa Dua just for the day with our children and wondered, can we simply approach the staff at a hotel we like the look of and pay to hire their beach beds and also eat lunch there or do you have to pre book or be a resident there. Also, would our children be able to participate in the hotels kids club for the day?
Some hotels allow you to hire out their beach beds. But I would advise you do your research and call beforehand. You would have to ask that individual hotel about the kids club. Although, many do allow that, as long as you pay the usual amount needed.
I understand that Nusa Dua is a long beach with many 5 star hotels owning their private stretches. For those who are not staying at these hotels but are visiting from nearby places like Sanur, which are the sections / stretches that are clean and are open to public? Are these public beaches known by specific names?
Hi. It’s my understanding that the beach itself is public, you can take your own umbrella etc and sit wherever you like. The beach clubs belonging to the hotels are set just back off the sand and it’s these facilities you can’t use unless you’re a guest. There are Warungs (restaurants) and other facilities near the Mercure Beach club that you could use - I would recommend getting a massage from the ladies there. They were excellent and if you ask I’m sure they would also then give you tips on the best places to go. Enjoy your holiday I hope this is helpful. N
Nusa Dua Beach - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos) - Tripadvisor
Frequently Asked Questions about Nusa Dua Beach
- Nusa Dua Beach is open:
- Sun - Sat 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- We recommend booking Nusa Dua Beach tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund. See all 146 Nusa Dua Beach tours on Tripadvisor
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Nusa Dua Beach:
- Uluwatu Sunset, Kecak Dance and Jimbaran Seafood Dinner (From ₹ 6,325.95)
- Bali Floating Pool Lunch at Beach View Restaurant Nusa Dua (From ₹ 2,913.27)
- Individual Tour in your Chosen Route with a Private Driver and Free WiFi (From ₹ 784.09)
- Bali Beaches Hopping - Uluwatu Temple (From ₹ 2,663.56)
- Best Bali Beaches - Uluwatu Temple - FREE Wi-Fi (From ₹ 2,330.61)
- Hotels near Nusa Dua Beach:
- (0.04 km) Grand Hyatt Bali
- (0.21 km) Bali Desa Boutique Villas
- (0.59 km) Amarterra Villas Resort Bali Nusa Dua Autograph Collection
- (0.54 km) Melia Bali
- (0.74 km) The Laguna, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali