Church St John the Baptist (Katholische Johanniskirche) in 1890 was built for the purposes of the Catholic Diaspora in Protestant Szczecin. An Engelbert Seibertz architect was the initiator of the scheme from Berlin. To 1945 the yr was an only Roman Catholic church in Szczecin. In 2008 the XVI Pope Benedykta granted the church of honourable St John the Baptist title of the smaller basilica.
Duration: < 1 hour
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
Top ways to experience Church of St. John the Baptist and nearby attractions
Reach out directly
400 within 5 kms
78 within 10 kms
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Beautiful church inside and outside. The ceiling and the stained glass windows were just beautiful. Worth a visit.
Written 7 September 2019
Oct 2016 • Couples
Loved the outside and inside. Well worth a look. Lovely painted ceiling and stained glass windows. Pleased we went.
Written 1 October 2016
Church of St. John the Baptist (Szczecin) - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos) - Tripadvisor
Frequently Asked Questions about Church of St. John the Baptist
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Church of St. John the Baptist:
- Szczecin Underground Routes and Old Town Private Walking Tour (From ₹ 19,614.04)
- Szczecin Private Vodka Tasting Tour (From ₹ 13,542.85)
- Szczecin Polish Beer and Food Tasting Private Tour (From ₹ 13,607.87)
- Szczecin: Private Traditional Polish Food Tour (From ₹ 15,183.39)
- Szczecin Old Town with Pomeranian Dukes’ Castle Private Walking Tour (From ₹ 8,277.76)
- Hotels near Church of St. John the Baptist:
- (0.04 km) In The Attic Apartments
- (0.18 km) Courtyard by Marriott Szczecin City
- (0.23 km) Pearl of the Old Town - Sunny Terrace
- (0.25 km) Courtyard Szczecin City
- (0.26 km) Moxy Szczecin City