It is what people hype about, the views from both sides are wonderful, the train will also stop for you to get out at a waterfall for views and photos also. A wonderful train ride well worth the journey.
About The Flam Railway
1 - 10 of 2,251 reviews
I can't believe some the high ratings for this train. Perhaps it was their first time on a train! I would estimate that, during at least 60% of the trip, your views of the scenery are obstructed by tunnels/show shelters. Of the remaining 40%, there...More
A fantastic journey from Flam to Myrdal. The views are incredible and the train is quaint and comfortable. Seats are not reserved so on a busy day it would be worth boarding early to get a window seat! There are screens with information about the...More
There are no reserved seats and all seating is the same so it is first on first for a window seat. The scenery is jaw dropingly beautiful. Have the camera ready.
We joined the Flam Railway after a short train trip from Oslo and it was one of the most spectacular rides you could imagine (and we have already done Switzerland's big train rides) We did the Norway in a Nutshell tour which gave us the...More
In all earnest, this is the most scenic route and the best scenic train I've experienced. The route is so amazingly beautiful that you just feel like getting down the train all the time. The train also covers a steel downhill gradient of 15 degrees...More
A very nice scenic trip from Myrdal to Flam with more of the spectacular scenery that one can enjoy in Norway. Our train was crowded with the regular tour groups which created a bit of chaos but the trip was well orthwhile.
It's quite touristy but its fun for the first time visitor.. They will stop for 5 min at a waterfall along the way so be prepared to take photos / videos.. It can get crowded during summer.
We boarded this train at Myrdal for Flam as a part of our Norway in nut shell group tour. It offered great scenic views en route and stopped for a short halt at Kjosfossen waterfall. However, it was quite crowded at the halt station and...More
slightly chaotic start leaving our cruise ship and arriving at the railway station, once we arrived it all ran smoothly. sat in our carriage we were briefed every so often as to what we were about to see, but the train staff and our tour...More