Around three hours drive from Sydney our Canberra Private Day Tour will take you to the Nations Capital. On the drive to Canberra you will pass through typical Australian bush land, farming and pastoral land
You will visit the award winning Australian War Memorial which combines a shrine, a world class interactive museum and an extensive archive. The War Memorial Shrine is a beautiful building that commemorates the sacrifice of Australian Veterans. The museum is packed with exhibits including numerous restored aircraft, tanks and naval equipment. There is a fully interactive WWII flight simulator and other interactive exhibits.
No trip to the nations capital would be complete without a visit to the Australian Parliament House. Parliament House is a striking modern building on the shores of Lake Burley Griffin, named after the renowned American architect, Walter Burley Griffin who laid out the design of Canberra in 1912.
The tour also takes you to another striking and modern building, the Australian National Museum which highlights more that 50,000 years of Aboriginal History as well as some of the more recent iconic Australian events and history.
You will get to see sensational views from Mount Ainslie Lookout which looks out over the axis of Canberra.
We can almost guarantee that on your tour of Canberra you will get to see Kangaroo's in the wild. Your tour guide is an expert at spotting them and will take you though area's known to be abundant in Kangaroos!
There will be plenty of opportunities to take memorable photos and to wander around enjoying the scenery and attractions. Lunch will be at a venue to suit your taste and budget - your guide can recommend many great venues to stop for lunch.
• Enjoy a relaxing drive through the countryside as we head south out of Sydney to the 'Bush Capital'
• Visit the award winning interactive Australian War Memorial
• Take in the amazing views of Canberra from Mount Ainslie Lookout
• Visit the inspiring National Museum of Australia and learn more about the incredible ancient Aboriginal culture
• Enjoy the beautiful Lake Burley Griffin
• Take time to relax and explore the area
• See many of the beautiful and interesting Government and Embassy buildings
• Enjoy a delicious complimentary 'Aussie' morning tea on the scenic shores of Lake Burley GriffinYour enthusiastic guide is a Canberra local who knows the areas very well and will show you the best Canberra has to offer!
As with all of our tours we are happy to accommodate any special requests or customise this tour to suit your areas of interest.