The Best of Calabar Walking Tour
By Opatrip.com Nigeria
Calabar is regarded by many as the cleanest and most beautiful town in Nigeria. A tourist haven, it is full of attractions. The people are known to be very friendly and open to visitors. The tour will take place at Duke town, one of the oldest areas in the state. It is on the edge of the Calabar River and is quiet and full of history. Guided by our friendly local guide, you’ll see the colonial-style houses and the tidy streets. At the slave history museum, you’ll walk back many years through the slave trade era. You’ll see artifacts from the slave trade era, as well as sculptured representations. Duke town church is one of the oldest churches in Nigeria. It was built in the 19th century, and the architectural style is quite attractive. Next, you’ll see Mary Slessor’s tomb. This Scottish lady from Dundee stopped the killing of twins in the town. Born in 1848, she was sent to Calabar by the Presbyterian church in 1876 and died in 1915.
Lowest price guarantee
per adult (price varies by group size)
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Professional local guide services.
- All admission fees.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Slave History Museum
- Personal purchases
- Departure details
- Slave Trade Museum, X889+HCG, Duke Town 540281, Calabar, Cross River, Nigeria At the entrance of Slave History Museum, Marina Resort, Moore Road, Calabar.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 258936P17
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with The Best of Calabar Walking Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book The Best of Calabar Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is The Best of Calabar Walking Tour?
- The Best of Calabar Walking Tour price starts from ₹ 32,040.68. Discover and book The Best of Calabar Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the The Best of Calabar Walking Tour cancellation policy?
- The Best of Calabar Walking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book The Best of Calabar Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides The Best of Calabar Walking Tour?
- The Best of Calabar Walking Tour is hosted by Opatrip.com Nigeria. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Opatrip.com Nigeria on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The Best of Calabar Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 258936P17
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atSlave Trade MuseumX889+HCG, Duke Town 540281, Calabar, Cross River, NigeriaAt the entrance of Slave History Museum, Marina Resort, Moore Road, Calabar.See address & details
- 1Slave History MuseumStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2CalabarStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Mary Slessor AvenueStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in March 2020
#6 of 21 Nightlife in Lagos
BEST BEACH TO VISIT IN LAGOS, NIGERIA
Looking for the best beach in Lagos to chill and have fun, i have been to so many beaches in Lagos. Also the ones in Abeokuta, Ondo state and Akwa ibom state. I am a tour operator and know the best beaches you can hangout or spend some nights. You can make enquiry for free via call/whatsapp +2348178198733