Time : Depart our Taumarunui depot at 12.00pm.
Experience the first 16km of the Forgotten World Railway. Enjoy a taste of the Forgotten World journey. Travel through 5 tunnels including the longest tunnel (1.5km) on the line before stopping for a drink and a cookie and returning on the rails back through the 5 tunnels (bonus!) to the starting point.
Included in your day:
Shuttles to/from our Taumarunui Depot out to the RailCarts at Okahukura, morning or afternoon tea and of course your RailCart
What to bring:
In this region the weather is changeable and it’s best to prepare for all conditions no matter the season. Layered clothing with a good wind/rain jacket or shell is ideal. The RailCarts have plastic side-curtains that provide reasonable rain protection.
We suggest the following should be taken with you on the RailCart:
• Sunglasses, Camera, Binoculars
• Water and extra snacks if required
• Warm thermal/merino clothing, including hat, scarf and gloves
• Sturdy footwear (no jandals) with warm socks
• Warm windproof jacket with hood even in fine weather
• 100% Rainproof coat and over-trousers if rain is predicted