View all photos (27)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Glistening Waters Restaurant and MarinaStop: 2 hours - Admission includedGlistening Waters in Falmouth is home to the rare wonder, the Luminous Lagoon adventure. As you get on the terrace you will be greeted by a Glistening Waters Representative who welcomes you and take you directly to the bar where you are served a healthy drink of rum punch or fruit punch (take your pick). You will also be feted briefly with age old Jamaican dance moves - a mix of the African and British dance cultures. At the end of the entertainment which is about 6:45pm you will board your glass bottom boat or similar and set out for a one hour adventure. Jamaica’s luminous lagoon being the brightest of them all amazes scientists and visitors worldwide. The lagoon is the best place to see the microscopic organisms called dinoflagellates. The lagoon is home to millions of these organisms that thrive where the salt water meets the fresh water. Get your cameras ready to take photos of the fishes as they pass by with a glow! Flash will prevent you from getting beautiful photos so your camera must have the capability to take photos in the dark. The Luminous Lagoon is 100 percent natural and is controlled totally by nature so there are times when the glow is not at its best however, there will always be some glow for you to experience. Word has it that if you swim in the water it makes you look 10 years younger! The water is not very deep, only about 4 or 6 feet and life jackets are available for those who need them. Be sure to take your swimsuits and towels along with you in case you wish to take a short swim. If you choose to swim, once you get out of the water you will see your swimsuit and body light up as you move around. Don’t worry, you will not miss out if you choose not to swim – your tour guide will more than likely fill a bucket of water for you to play with. Make sure you bring an empty bottle so you can take a sample of this marvelous water back with you. It will continue to glow for a couple of hours. Your captain is very knowledgeable and will give you all the history - feel free to check out the gift shop for memorabilia.Read more
See Important Information for details
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup & drop off
- Welcome drinks
- Entry/Admission - Glistening Waters Restaurant and Marina
- Souvenir photos
- food & drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- Limited amount of infant seats available
- Children 3 years or younger are free.
- Children 17 or younger must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- You must be 18 or older with ID to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Minimum numbers apply: A minimum of 4 persons are required for this tour to take place. If we do not meet the minimum the tour may be rescheduled, an alternative suggested or canceled.
- We pickup from most Falmouth hotels. You must contact your local supplier at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to confirm your booking and arrange your pickup at a central location if you are staying at other accommodations.
- Pickup time subject to change based on local traffic conditions and inclement weather.
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: SNL Jamaican Tours
Trip to Negril
My trip with tour guide Ricardo was amazing. He was extremely knowledgeable about the history of Jamaica and kept…
I expected Dunn Falls to be very commercialized, and it was. But the guide and photographer both made the climb a…
Fun Workout !!
Make no mistake about it, it's a real workout and lots of fun. Use a guide if it;s your first time. I will go…
Peter Ernst K
You see many differend bird at this private garden. You can feed the hummingbird with little bottles filled with…
Kearny, New Jersey40
7mile took my breath away
I visited this place for the day it was outstanding so beautiful, peaceful and fun we went to margarita Ville side…
Nashua, New Hampshire10
What you see after a 3-4 hour drive from the Grand Palladium resort is a tiny pool and waterfall. I guess if…
This was the first time we booked our excursion from home through TripAdvisor. We would usually book our…
DO NOT GO HERE!! SAVE YOUR MONEY
I would give this zero stars if I could. I went with a group of eight people we show up to a bar/restaurant where…
Los Angeles, California21
NO LUMINOUS FOR US!
Search for about an hour and did not see any LUMINOUS anything. Debbie Downer!! We got our money back..…
Pontefract, United Kingdom160180
Loved how close we got to the crocodiles!
I love nature so I thoroughly enjoyed this trip. We got so close to the crocodiles, totally fascinating at how…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071