Chelsea Market and the High Line are two of NYC's best attractions! This food and history tour features incredible insights and stories as well as some delicious food and fantastic NYC views. Plus our tour guides are truly entertaining and it's enough food for lunch!
Did you know that although the area was originally residential, markets have existed in the district since the 1840s. People moved into tenements in the Meatpacking District in the 1820s to escape epidemics in what was then the main part of New York. In 1900, 250 slaughterhouses and packing plants filled the district; by the 1930s, those houses produced the nation’s third-largest volume of dressed meats. Five meatpacking companies still operate in the district. Boutiques and bars are more common than rump roasts these days, and the neighborhood continues to evolve almost daily.
Food included on the tour:
• Sandwich from Cappone's Salumeria or slice of pizza from Filaga
• Sarabeth’s biscuit & jam
• Doughnuttery doughnut
• Little 'witch from Fat Witch Bakery
• Empanada (flavors like coconut curry chicken, blue crab, pancetta mac and cheese, and more!)
• How hot can you go?! Guided hot sauce tasting by a hot sauce "sommelier"
• Quick little shopping adventure with introduction and tote bag at Artists & Fleas
• Can indulge in beer or wine (additional cost)
• Stops are subject to change at any time