Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Full day private excursion tour to Chettinad is designed to provide the glimpses of the region. Visit few 19th-century mansions, whose wide courtyards and spacious rooms are embellished with marble and teak. English speaking accompanied guide and private chauffeur driven AC car will remain on disposal from pick up till drop off. Entrances to monuments and bottled water is well included in our package price. Sightseeing can be further modified to meet the travelers requirement.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chettinad ThariStop: 7 hours - Admission includedPick up from your Trichy hotel for full day excursion tour of Chettinad with accompanied guide. Chettinad - the region is well known for its 19th-century mansions, whose wide courtyards and spacious rooms are embellished with marble and teak. Construction materials, decorative items, and furnishings were mostly imported from East Asian countries and Europe. The marble was brought from Italy, chandeliers and teak from Burma, crockery from Indonesia, crystals from Europe and wall-to-wall mirrors from Belgium. Many of these mansions were built using a type of limestone known as karai. It is estimated that 11,000 such mansions still remain—about half the number that existed 100 years ago. They were built by men who once traded in everything from salt to gems, with countries like Burma, Malaysia and Singapore. Much of their profits went into building these grand residences, which used to be called natukottai or regional fort. But in the mid-20th century, most Chettiar families moved to cities. Their palatial homes were left in the custody of caretakers, who maintained them for those rare occasions, such as weddings or Pongal, the Tamil harvest festival, when the family came to visit. Visit few massions open for tourist like Chettinad Mansions, Chettinad Palace and few Chettinad Temples like Vairavan Kovil Temple, Karpaga Vinayakar temple, Kundrakudi Murugan temple, Kottaiyur Sivan temple. After sightseeing drive back to Trichy and drop off to your hotel or airport.Read more
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel
- All taxes
- English speaking guide
- Bottled drinking water (2 bottle per person)
- Monuments entrances
- Transport by AC vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Chettinad Thari
- Any other sightseeing not mentioned in the itinerary
- Tips to driver & guide
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Agora Voyages OPC Pvt. Ltd.
Earth temple Auroville
place is 15 kms from pondichery,walk of 2 kms is require in nature protected forest,nice accomidatio and visit need…
Jammu division has snowfall but not in Jammu city. If you are scares to go to Kashmir, go to Patnitop in Dec end or Janu
Jammu division has snowfall but not in Jammu city. If you are scares to go to Kashmir, go to Patnitop in Dec end or…
STATUE OF UNITY
Is is very good and beautiful place. There are all types of facility is available like food, bus and entertainment.…
Do not miss SoU
If you are visiting SoU then you need atleast two days there. Do visit ArogyaVan there. It's a nice concept develop…
Enjoyed the Kaziranga Greenery with - Majestic Elephant
Hotel Borgos was excellent - Well maintained, good rooms, nice evening with local dance troops. Dinner with wine wa…
Majestic view of the World's tallest statue
Heavily packed during holidays, so express pass/ advance booking is highly recommended. The museum is very detailed…
World 's First Heritage City
As traveller we have visited different cities and countries but most amazing, safest, varieties of foods, great riv…
Gift from the gods
This tour was absolutely outstanding: amazing views of Himalayan snow capped mountains, fascinating insights into c…
Superb Location and Awesome feeling....
Statue of Unity visit is lifetime memory. The view is superb and be in the memory for long. Facilities around are a…
Did this tour privately with recommended guide
I visited India late July the off season and arrived in Patna on the 30th of July with my godson we were met by Jac…
It was for the first time experience of Anubhuti Class, we boarded in Amritsar Shatabdi. Other than the special cha…
- Duration: 7–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Frequently Asked Questions about Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion on Tripadvisor
- Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion price starts from ₹ 9,501.19. Discover and book Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion on Tripadvisor
- Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion on Tripadvisor
- Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion is hosted by Agora Voyages OPC Pvt. Ltd.. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Agora Voyages OPC Pvt. Ltd. on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Trichy to Chettinad Full Day Excursion on Tripadvisor