3-Day Uyuni Salt Flats Air-Expedition
View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
La Paz Pickup - Flight to Uyuni...
Chiguana Desert - Lagoons -...
Sol de Mañana Geyser - Dali...
Uyuni, Uyuni, Potosi Department
- 2 Internal Flights: La Paz - Uyuni, Uyuni - La Paz
- La Paz Airport Drop-Off on Day 1
- Uyuni Airport Pick-Up & Drop-Off
- Meals: 2 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- 4WD Transportation with Rooftop Luggage Rack
- Local Driver & English Speaking Guide on tour
- 1N Salt Hotel, basic dorm-style rooms w/ shared bathroom (hot shower included in the first night)
- 1N shared family lodging (dorm of 6 beds with shared bathroom without light)
- La Paz Airport Pick-up on Last Day
- Entrance Fees:
- Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs*
- Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs*
- Additional snacks & Water bottles
- Hot Shower (10 Bs)
- Toilets on the way (10 Bs)
- Tips for Guide, Driver and Cook
- Personal Expenses
- Travel Insurance
- Open-Air Hot Springs (6 BS*)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- During the rainy season from January to April, the Salt Flats fill up with water so it is not possible to cross them in the same way as during dry season. As a consequence, the itinerary is modified during that period. On day 1, we might sleep at another location. Instead of stopping at the Inca Wasy (Fish Island), we stop at a place where the water reflects the sky and where it seems that the sky and the ground merge into one.
- This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
- The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities may have a small local cost and the shower is only available on Day 1. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.
- Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, swimsuit and towel for hot springs at Sol de Manana Geysers,
- We recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip), snacks, personal medication. Flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (electricity available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit. You will be sleeping up to 4,300 meters above sea level and depending on the season, temperatures can drop well below zero (reaching less than -15 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July) and the wind chill can be harsh, so bring plenty of warm clothing like a scarf and wool hat for the chilly evenings.
- As you will come back to your departure point, please ONLY BRING the necessary material & clothes during the tour.
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- If you’d prefer a private room for both nights, there is an additional cost of 250 BS (approx 36 USD) per person. This is subject to availability so please inquire in advance.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Uyuni, Uyuni Salt Flat, and 1 more
- Duration: 3 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999