Lowest price guarantee
Ages 7-77, max of 20 per group
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- 1N Salt Hotel, basic dorm-style rooms w/ shared bathroom (hot shower included first night), seasonal
- Transportation in 4WD with rooftop luggage rack (Group size is up to 6 people per car.)
- Local driver & English-speaking guide
- Pickup from airport, bus stations or Uyuni hotels (must be advised in advance)
- 1 Night shared family lodging (dorm of 6 beds with shared bathroom without light)
- Sleeping bag (if requested in advance)
- Entry/Admission - Train Cemetery
- Entrance Fees: Isla Incahuasi (30 Bs), Reserva Eduardo Avaroa Protected Area (150 Bs) (these costs are subject to change without prior notice)
- Additional snacks & water bottles
- Toilets along the Way (20 Bs)
- Hot Shower (10 Bs)
- Airport transfers
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Open-Air Hot Springs (6 BS*)
- Entry/Admission - Eduardo Avaroa National Reserve of Andean Fauna
- Entry/Admission - Salvador Dali Desert
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- We cab arrange pick-up from Uyuni airport (only the day the tour starts), Uyuni bus stations or Uyuni hostels . This must be booked in advance. Transfers from airport to accommodation have an extra cost 5 USD). Contact us at least 2 weeks before your departure date so we can arrange pickup.
- Avenida Bolívar, Av. Bolívar, Uyuni, Bolivia You can also meet us at our local provider's office at 64 Avenida Bolivar.
- Uyuni Joya Andina Airport, Uyuni Bolivia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 11413P34
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, strikes, roadblocks, or force majeure events which are beyond our control. We will always do our best to follow the itinerary as close as possible.
- During the rainy season from January to April, the Salt Flats fill up with water so it is not possible to cross them in the same way as during dry season. As a consequence, the itinerary is modified during that period.
- Altitude: This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
- Accommodation / Facilities on Tour: The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities will be available only on the first day and may have a small local cost. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.
- Suggested packing list: Sun hat, sunglasses (to protect your eyes from the bright glare off the salt panes), sunblock, coat, gloves, wool hat, trekking shoes, warm socks, swimsuit and towel for hot springs at Sol de Manana Geysers, extra bottles of water (we recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip), snacks, personal medication. Flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card, charger (electricity available in most hotels), hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit. You will be sleeping up to 4,300 meters above sea level and depending on the season, temperatures can drop well below zero (reaching less than -15 degrees Celsius in the winter months of June and July) and the wind chill can be harsh, so bring plenty of warm clothes like a scarf and wool hat for the chilly evenings.
- As you will come back to your departure point, please only bring the necessary material and clothes during the tour.
- During Jan - April (rainy season), the salt hostel is unavailable. Instead, you willl be staying in a hotel in Culpina or other location
- Most travellers can participate
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Accommodation: 1 Night accommodation in Salt Hotel, basic dorm-style rooms w/ shared bathroom (hot shower included in the first night) 1 Night shared family lodging (dorm of 6 beds with shared bathroom without light) If you’d prefer a private room for both nights, there is an additional cost of 250 BS (approx 36 USD) per person. This is subject to availability so please inquire in advance.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni on Tripadvisor
- How much is 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni?
- 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni price starts from ₹ 26,654.71. Discover and book 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni on Tripadvisor
- What is the 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni cancellation policy?
- 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni?
- 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni is hosted by Bamba. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Bamba on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3-Day Salar de Uyuni and Bolivian Desert Adventure from Uyuni on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 11413P34
Uyuni - Train Graveyard -...
Chiguana Desert - Lagoons -...
Sol de Mañana Geyser - Dali...
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Fantastic full day tour organised by Banjo Tours. Our guide, Nadia Ponce Inturias, picked us up off our flight from…
Great guide and great experience
A great day out on the Salt Flats. Guide was super friendly and helped take some of the great photos our group got.…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jul 2022 • Friends
I want to recommend on Eduardo mamani, aguide in andes travels agency. Eduardo was very professional and took care of all our needs. All ways with good vibe
Written 2 August 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.