View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Stellenbosch City Orientation Dorp Street De Braak Free walkabout into historical town Wine tasting on a Stellenbosch Estate with cellar tour and cheese tasting Paarl Drive through Paarl Wine tasting on a local wine estate Nelson Mandela's former prison, Victor Verster Franschhoek Franschhoek historical village Enjoy a unique ride on the Franschoek Tram Wine tasting on a local wine estate Huguenot memorial (optional)
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Stellenbosch University Botanical GardenStop: 6 minutes - Admission includedStellenbosch City Orientation Dorp Street De Braak Free walkabout into historical town Wine tasting on a Stellenbosch Estate with cellar tour and cheese tasting Paarl Drive through Paarl Wine tasting on a local wine estate Nelson Mandela's former prison, Victor Verster Franschhoek Franschhoek historical village Enjoy a unique ride on the Franschoek Tram Wine tasting on a local wine estate Huguenot memorial (optional) Winelands Visit and Wine Tasting Full Day Daily Tours - Depart: 08:00 – 09:00 Return: 17:30 HIGHLIGHTS Expand your palate and enjoy three wine tastings at the most prestigious, award-winning wine farms(*) of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl. Enjoy wine tasting, cheese tasting and cellar tours all while gaining knowledge about some of the most unique wines in the world Enjoy a unique ride on the vintage-style Franschhoek Tram, passing through breath-taking views and vineyards - one of the best ways to explore the true beauty of Franschhoek Visit Paarl and its vibrant Afrikaans culture, and the Drakenstein prison, where Nelson Mandela last stayed before being released Winelands Full Day Visit Attention wine lovers! Tantalise your taste buds and brush up on your wine knowledge on our Full Day Winelands Tour. Enjoy three wine tastings at award-winning wine farms, accompanied by a cheese assortment and cellar tour, an exciting ride on the Franschhoek tram, and a visit to the Drankenstein Prison where Nelson Mandela spent the last part of his captivity. Stellenbosch We start the morning off at the Stellenbosch winelands, only 20 minutes out of Cape Town, which offers a majestic scenery that is entirely different to the Cape Peninsula. You will discover different grape varieties that grow in the area such as Chenin Blanc, Shiraz, and the uniquely South African Pinotage. You will also learn about the Méthode Cap Classique developed in the region, that emulates and rivals the very best French champagnes. Stellenbosch is a small but very lively town with a famous university and numerous activities such as wine cellar tours and tastings, museums, galleries and strawberry picking. You will have the opportunity to purchase wines to bring back home to enjoy the region's delightful vintages after your visit. (1h45) Franschhoek We then head to Franschhoek - a wine-lover's dream destination - also known as "the French corner", an old Huguenot village. With its numerous streets and estates with French names, the town will make you feel completely bewildered, feeling like you were in France in another era. You will be completely enchanted by the town's charm and its peaceful environment. You will get the chance to taste the region's delicacies, cheeses and its best wines. Since the 1st of October, we are very proud to take you on an unique ride on the Franschhoek Tram, journeying through beautiful vineyards, breath-taking scenery and award-winning wine farms. Bonus - our guides are fluent in English and French! (2h) Drakenstein Prison Drakenstein, also known as Victor Verster Prison, is located between Franschhoek and Paarl. The prison is famous for being the one where Nelson Mandela spent the last fourteen months of his imprisonment for campaigning against Apartheid, afterwards leaving a free man in February 1990! Here you will get to see a recently unveiled, larger than life-size statue of Nelson Mandela raising his fist, not in anger, but as a well-known gesture of defiance, usually accompanied by the freedom slogan - 'amandla awethu' in isiZulu or 'power to the people' in English. PaarlRead more
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Stellenbosch University Botanical Garden
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Matadi Africa And Travel Tours
OUR DRIVER WAS NO GUIDE
Francis was a charming young man who was a wonderful driver but was greatly lacking as a guide. He didn't know eve…
Matadi Africa T00
Good day guys i recommanded this tour to you you will enjoy like we did , it was very Excellent with Matadi Africa …
- Duration: 6h 10m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999