Visit: Safari Ostrich Show Farm, R328 Road 6 KM From Oudtshoorn Towards Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn 6620 South Africa
Tractor Tour - Duration 1 hour
The Tractor Tour allows for a fun experience of our working farm whereby the visitors are driven on our tractor through a huge ostrich camp with 16 adult Zimbabwe Blue Ostriches.
Part 1 - Tractor Safari (Game Drive)
Our professional guide takes your group by tractor on a 25 minute Ostrich “Game Drive” through Zimbabwe Blue Ostrich Camp. We drive through natural veld with 16 Zimbabwe Blue ostriches as if in the wild.
Safari Guides explain the natural breeding cycle of ostriches to you with an unmatched view of these big birds right next to you.
You see the Ostrich nests and how these birds breed in nature.
Your Game Drive experience on our tractor also allows for great photo opportunities of the birds with the beautiful mountains in the background.
You disembark after your 25 minute ride and continue with the second part of the walking tour.
Part 2 - Safari Ostrich Show Farm
1. Visit our Incubator Room and see chicks hatching inside incubator (seasonal) – also get a real close and personal perspective of chicks piping out by means of our “Spy-Camera” inside the incubator onto a big screen TV.
2. See, touch and learn about Ostrich Leather.
3. See, touch and learn about all the different types of Ostrich Feathers.
4. Learn about Ostrich evolution and the significance to past cultures.
5. We will show you the Kenyan Red Ostrich (weight 180 kg)
6. You will see our rare White Ostriches – unique and very special.
7. We will allow you the chance to feed our Ostriches.
8. Visit our Emu Camp with Australian Emu the 2nd biggest bird in the world after ostriches