The Wildlife Volunteer who comes to Get Local, joins our Wildlife Rescue Team to help carry out a daily Rescue Center routine. This includes feeding the monkeys, jaguars, tapirs, macaws and many more. Participate in the process of animal rescue and rehabilitation. In addition, they perform maintenance work in enclosures and environmental enrichment initiatives for animals. The tasks are focused on providing welfare to the animals and allow volunteers to learn how to handle and care wild animals correctly.
• Animal feeding.
• Cleaning enclosures.
• Assisting animals in case of emergency.
• Participate in efforts to rehabilitate and release animals.
• Planting trees.
• Assisting in giving tours of the sanctuary.
• Maintenance of animal enclosures and property.
• Constructing organic structures for the animals.
• Participate in the environmental enrichment of all types of animals.
• Agricultural production (for volunteers and animals).
• Cleaning under animal feeding stations.
• Providing water to animals.
• Washing enclosure floors.
• Sanctuary maintenance.
• Feeding baby animals.
• Providing fresh cut grass to our herbivores.
• and anything else that needs to be done!