Meet up with your tour guide and group of fellow food-lovers near People's Square to embark on your 3-hour food walking tour. Set off through the back streets of Old Shanghai, learning about the culinary culture and history of the bustling city as you stroll. Stop at traditional restaurants and street vendors alike over the course of eight tastings. Pass some of the last remaining collective housing, or shikumen, in the city and see where vendors from the Gansu and Xinjiang provinces sell their traditional foods.
Your tastings will include some of the following (menu subject to change):
• Xinjiang (stone-oven naan)
• Chang shou mian (longevity noodles)
• Xie ke huang (crab shell pastry)
• Sheng jian bao (pan-fried dumplings)
• Xiao long bao (baked dumplings)
• Deep-fried wontons
• Stir-fried bullfrog
• Traditional Chinese yellow wine
• Popular Shanghainese dessertsAll tastings are included, and add up to a full meal.