This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sapa Market, Dien Bien Phu Road, Sapa Vietnam
As you would expect, the market starts early (around 7.30am) and closes in the early afternoon so you will want to make an early start to get the most out of the experience. A typical itinerary for a day at Can Cau Market would be:
• Drive to Can Cau (125 km / 3 hours from Sapa, or 87 km / 2 hours from Lao Cai).
• Take time to explore the market. Mingle with the locals and soak in the atmosphere, maybe try to haggle a bargain!
• After the market travel to Bac Ha town to have lunch in a local restaurant where you can try the traditional lunch of Thang Co (horse stew) and corn wine (alternative dishes are available!).
• After lunch we will drive to Ban Pho village and take a short walk around where the Flower Hmong, Tay and Nung minorities live.
• We will see the local people making corn wine in their houses, ready for the Bac Ha market on Sunday.
• End the afternoon with a visit the Chinese border gate at Lao Cai city
• Drive back to Sapa or Lao Cai train station