5-Night Private Silk Road Trip from Dunhuang to Urumqi including Hotel Accommodations
Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (10)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This 5 nights classic private tour takes you to explore Chinese section of ancient Silk Road northern route from Dunhuang to Urumqi. You will travel the path of thousands of merchants and camel caravans and witness its changes in modern days. Attractions you will visit during this tour includes Mogao Grottos, Turpan Oasis, Loulan Mummies, and Heavenly Lake located on the northern side of Tianshan Mountains.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Shazhou Nightly MarketStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Mogao CavesStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Emin Minaret (Su Gong Ta)Stop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Ancient City of Gaochang (Kharakhoja)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 5Bezeklik Thousand Buddha CavesStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 6Astana-Karakhoja TombsStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Karez SystemStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8Xinjiang Regional Museum (Qu Bowuguan)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 9Erdaoqiao MarketStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 10Tianshan Tianchi LakeStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
See 1 more stop
Dunhuang - Liuyuan (via bullet...
Turpan - Urumqi
Urumqi - Heavenly Lake - Urumqi
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bullet train from Liuyuan (Dunhuang) to Turpan
- Entry/Admission - Shazhou Nightly Market
- Entry/Admission - Mogao Caves
- Entry/Admission - Emin Minaret (Su Gong Ta)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Gaochang (Kharakhoja)
- Entry/Admission - Bezeklik Thousand Buddha Caves
- Entry/Admission - Astana-Karakhoja Tombs
- Entry/Admission - Karez System
- Entry/Admission - Xinjiang Regional Museum (Qu Bowuguan)
- Entry/Admission - Erdaoqiao Market
- Entry/Admission - Tianshan Tianchi Lake
- Alcoholic drinks (available for purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Airfare for flight to/from Urumqi/Dunhuang
- China Visa
- Entry/Admission - Ürümqi Diwopu International Airport
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers over 3 year old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
best ever trip
the trip was perfectly organized you have seen amazing places it was one time life experience staff very helpful Su…
A clean and tidy ancient city of Kashgar surprised me.
The walled ancient city of Kashgar has been rebuilt with roads paved and reproduction of century old mud brick hous…
Silk Road !
It was absolutely an awesome trip. The service provided by Ben was amazing and he spent months trying to coordinate…
Holiday At Urumqi
Turpan is a very unique place to visit which places filled with historical events such as Karez on how they build …
Awesome custom Silk Road tour!!
We had a great time travelling from Urumqi and Kashgar China to Lanzhou. We skipped Xian as we have been there befo…
China in a dream
To travel the Silk Roads was one of our dreams and we finally did it in the 2017 Spring. The three-week trip was or…
Discovering the journey of Buddhism on the Silk Road
I cannot fault the logistics of this trip, thanks to Bin's attention to detail. His constant good humour and easy-g…
A MUST DO trip of a lifetime
To follow the Silk Road is the stuff of dreams and if you are lucky -as I was- to have Bin as a guide, then it is t…
China had never been on my radar for travel, until a friend invited me to join the adventure she had planned. She …
China Silk Road pilgrimage
This truly was the trip of a lifetime for me, traveling along China's Silk Road. The highlight was several days sp…
- Duration: 6 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999