View all photos (6)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
A perfect option for rainy and cloudy days, with panorama of the architectural design of the historical center of Rio, incredible to see the contrast between the modernity of the streets and classic buildings. Experienced guides with extensive knowledge of art and architecture. Taste the flavors of Brazil: Coffee, chocolate, cachaça, while interacting with the history of the city.
- Expenses with local transportation will be borne by the company.
- Umbrellas and raincoats.
- Courtesy of one bottle per person at any point along the way.
- Tasting of traditional Cachaça or Caipirinha / person
- Traditional Snacks - Peanuts, Chocolate or Cereal Bars
- Entry/Admission - Bondinho de Santa Teresa
- Entry/Admission - Centro Cultural Municipal Parque das Ruinas
- Entry/Admission - Museu Chacara do Ceu
- Entry/Admission - The Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian
- Entry/Admission - Cinelandia
- Entry/Admission - Confeitaria Colombo
- Entry/Admission - Real Gabinete Portugues Da Leitura
- Entry/Admission - Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil - CCBB Rio de Janeiro
- Entry/Admission - Museu do Amanha
- Entry/Admission - Boulevard Olimpico
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This tour exceeded our expectations. This experience gets you to the heart of Rio de Janeiro through local food. Isabela is enthusiastic and engaging. She answered all our questions and was very informative. We really enjoyed the tour. I Recommend it to all tha want see Rio…
Date of experience: February 2019
Response from Makeda N, Gerente de relações com clientes at Rio Rainy Day
Responded 22 Dec 2019
Thank you so much for rating us! Our goal is to spread the idea that traveling with a purpose is enlightening. Experiential traveling is much more than marking a check in our bucket list. It is about building life long memories and relations. It's also a way to take care of the people and build up a feeling of love and respect from both parts. And Food can bring it all: memories coming from all sensations (smell, flavor, vision!). I hope you feel welcomed every time you come back to Brasil! Kindly
My wife and I had so much fun during our stay in Rio de Janeiro. Isabella made sure that our stay was in a great accommodation, The meals prepared by a very talented chef and the experiences of Traveler XP were tailored to our plans. Despite the rain during our 3 days, I want to…
Date of experience: July 2019
Response from Makeda N, Proprietário at Rio Rainy Day
Responded 22 Dec 2019
We had such a great time together and It was an enormous pleasure to meet you. Please, anytime you want to travel around Brasil again let me know. Traveller XP is curating experiences throughout Brasil, working with responsible tourism and Cultural immersions, so we can keep the same quality and vibes nationwide. Thank you so much for rating us. Kindly, Isabella Vargas
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Traveller XP
Bes tourguide we have ever had!
Isabella gave us a wonderful tour around rio! She has a great energy and is very knowledgable as well as caring. Sh…
Isabella is awesome.
Speaks fluent English and knows about the attractions. A lot of fun to hang with. Big time recommendation. We visit…
Brazil From a Local's Perspective
Traveller XP was able to accommodate my last minute tour request, and my tour guide Isabella was extremely pleasant…
Excellent Guide, Very Knowledgeable, Great Flexibility and Fun
Isabella provided us a wonderful your of Rio and was very attentive to our needs throughout the trip. The tour fea…
African Heritage Tour
Our first full day in Rio was spent with Isabella on the African Heritage tour. She was awesome! She provided us w…
In the spring of October
"The praia in the sun The forró in the night Garota brasileira dancing into the daylight.." The moment we decided…
Can't say enough about the great job the agency did to make our stay unforgettable. We spent 3 days with Isabella, …
Amazing Afro Heritage Tour
Superb tour covering historical sites and learning more about the African history of Brazil. It was amazing to get …
Amazing African History Tour in Brazil
If you ever visit Rio de Janeiro take the African History Tour with Makeda. She is an amazing tour guide and very i…
Black heritage Tour Rio
The tour was amazing Makeda and her sister were very informal and hospitable. We visited the Christ The Reedemer ,…
A must do
My family and I had the pleasure of spending the day with Isabella and it did not disappoint. This was not my firs…
An excellent cultural immersion experience
I visited Rio de Janeiro in sept 2018 and had two excursions with traveler xp. This was an experience like no other…
Visit Brazil with Traveller XP
Personal, Knowledgeable, With Touristy/Non-Touristy Experience!!! Will surely return to Brazil and use traveller XP…
Very nice and interesting; not only the hotspots of Rio but also an artstreet. It was a pitty the trip was too shor…
This is how one should experience Rio
Isabella was a dream of a guide. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, but her outgoing, but at all times respec…
- Bondinho de Santa Teresa, Centro Cultural Municipal Parque das Ruinas, and 8 more
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999