Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Discover Kyoto at it's most magical hour as the sun rises over Japan's historic treasure of a city. Take a magical walk through the thousands of red gates at Fushimi Inari shrine and visit a nearly empty temple, then onto the bamboo grove. This experience is perfect for those who naturally rise in the early morning, or for those who just want to have a unique experience and don't mind getting up early for it. It can also be an amazing way to take advantage of your jet lag! Along the way, we give you insights about Buddhism, Japanese garden design, history and more. We are also happy to help you with any questions you have about Kyoto or Japan and can even help you plan your days ahead. Beat the crowds on the Original Early Bird Tour of Kyoto.
- You'll start atInari StationFukakusa Inarionmaecho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-0881, JapanWe wait for you right in front of the JR Inari station. Luckily there is just one exit and at that time of day we are likely the only people there.See address & details
- 1Fushimi Inari-taisha ShrineStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 2Kiyomizu-dera TempleStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Sannenzaka NinenzakaSee details
- 4Tenryuji TempleStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5The Bamboo Forest TrailStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end at8-3 Sagaogurayama Tabuchiyamachō8-3 Sagaogurayama Tabuchiyamachō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8394, JapanWe finish at the Bamboo Forest where you can continue to explore the Arashiyama area on your own or take a train back to the city centre.See address & details
Inari Station, Fukakusa Inarionmaecho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-0881, Japan
8-3 Sagaogurayama Tabuchiyamachō, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto, 616-8394, Japan
- Taxi fares
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Entry/Admission - Tenryuji Temple
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Kyoto Fun
Kyoto best tour!
While staying in Kyoto, we decided to book a tour at the last minute. We did not think we would get any responses. …
Accidental private tour of Gion
October 2018. My husband and me were lucky because we were the only ones having signed up for an evening walking t…
We had a wonderful time meeting in a tea house with a Geisha named Kimi she was very beautiful & through our interp…
Kyoto Bike Excursion
So much fun! This was one of our favorite tours in Kyoto, we biked for about 3 hours all over the outskirts of Kyot…
One of the best tour guides in Kyoto!
Kyoto Fun is one of the best tour guides I’ve had. Neall is an English speaking tour guide and he is very knowledge…
we didn't get to travel
We never got to travel for our amazing planned trip but Niall has been so helpful to us on getting us refunded as m…
Best thing we did in Kyoto!
We were recommended this tour by a friend and it was perfect. Everything organised for you, super knowledgable and …
A magical tour we will never forget!
This review comes more than a year after our tour date, because I originally fell behind on writing reviews but the…
See Gion With An Expert
Niall was an excellent local guide - we loved seeing Gion up close with such a friendly and knowledgeable person! T…
Relaxing informative cycle trip tailored toyour interests and needs
Had a nice relaxing 3/4 day cycling around with Craig our Aussie ex patriot tour guide who lives in Japan and could…
Did the early morning tour. Was awesome
Been on a few tours over the years. I can say that Eric was wonderful. Super knowledgeable. Full of history. He…
Private Gion Night Walk
This was the perfect way to explore Gion and its many temples. The streets were peaceful and serene allowing us to…
What a day!
Oh wow, what a day we had with Leo yesterday cycling Kyoto! We saw so much, and Leo’s vast knowledge and bubbly p…
The highlight of my Japan trip
Leo was our tour guide. Very knowledgeable and friendly and easy going. He made our travel greatly appreciated. W…
Private Guided Tour of Kyoto
With Eric as our guide, we (my mother and I) explored some of the more remote temples in Kyoto. Our day was excepti…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English, French, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,035 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto!
Which attractions will I visit with Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto!?
How much is Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto!?
Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto! price starts from ₹ 14,288.62. Discover and book Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto! on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto! cancellation policy?
Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto! cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto! on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto!?
Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto! is hosted by Kyoto Fun. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kyoto Fun on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Early Bird Tour of Kyoto! on Tripadvisor