Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The name Gallipoli has long been associated with sacrifice and heroism, a place where history and legend have combined. Explore ANZAC battlefields and learn about the events of 1915 on this half day Gallipoli tour. Visit Brighton Beach, the intended site of the landing on April 25. See Beach Cemetery where John Simpson Kirkpatrick ( The Donkey Man ) is buried Explore ANZAC Cove site of the first landing on April 25 and the main base for the Allied troops in this sector throughout the campaign Visit Ariburnu Cemetery on the northern tip of ANZAC Cove & The ANZAC Commemorative Site, where the annual Dawn Service is held See The Lone Pine Australian Memorial and Johnston's Jolly where you'll explore original Allied and Turkish trenches and tunnels Visit The 57. Regiment Turkish Memorial, where you will be given the Turkish perspective. The Nek, and Chunuk Bair where New Zealand Memorial is located
- You'll start atCumhuriyet Blv. 61/55Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Gallipoli BattlefieldStop: 5 hours - Admission includedYour tour starts at the door of your hotel in Çanakkale at around 11:30am, where you will be met by our passenger escort and accompanied to the ferry terminal, where you will board the waiting ferry for the short trip across the Dardanelles Strait. On arrival in the town of Eceabat, once the ancient city of Madytos, located on the shores of the Dardanelles, you will be able to enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, you board our coach for the 15 minute trip out to the battlefields, crossing the Gallipoli Peninsula and driving to the Aegean coast, and one of the most famous beaches in modern history – ANZAC Cove. The first part of your tour takes in the area where the men of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) landed on April 25 1915, with our experienced guide giving you both background to the campaign leading up to the landing as well as describing the events of that historic day and beyond. Among the highlights of the first part of the tour are standing above ANZAC Cove, site of the initial landing, and visiting the grave of John Simpson Kirkpatrick, the stretcher bearer famed as the Man with the Donkey for carrying wounded soldiers to a medical aid post using a stolen donkey. Moving from the beaches up into the hills above, the tour then traces the line of the battle along what became known as Second Ridge, where the Allied advance was halted that first day of fighting by the Ottoman defenders and where the front line was located for the next seven months. The tour follows the road along the top of Second Ridge, with the lines of Allied and Turkish trenches still clear on either side. The tours stops at a number of cemeteries and memorials, including the Australian memorial at Lone Pine – where almost 5000 Australians who have no known grave are commemorated – and Johnston’s Jolly Cemetery where we walk through the now abandoned trenches and tunnel entrances. The final stop on the tour is Chunuk Bair, one of the highest points on the peninsula, and site of the New Zealand national memorial. The hill was captured in August by New Zealand troops and held for two days before being recaptured from the Allies by Ottoman forces under the personal command of Mustafa Kemal – later the president of modern Turkey. Chunuk Bair was the scene of some of the fiercest fighting of the campaign, with the names of more than 850 New Zealand soldiers who fell in the area commemorated on the memorial. The recapture of Chunuk Bair effectively ended Allied hopes of victory at Gallipoli and so is a fitting place for our tour to close. At the conclusion of the tour, our bus will return to Eceabat. Those guests wishing to travel to Istanbul will be able to take our specially configured bus, designed to provide more space and greater leg room for your comfort, for the approximately five hour trip. For those guests wishing to return to Çanakkale, you will be escorted to the nearby ferry for the trip back across the Dardanelles.Read more
- You'll end atCumhuriyet Blv. 61/55Kemalpaşa, Cumhuriyet Blv. 61/55, 17000 Çanakkale Merkez/Çanakkale, TurkeyInfront of the Tourism Information Center, at the ferry harbourSee address & details
Kemalpaşa, Cumhuriyet Blv. 61/55, 17000 Çanakkale Merkez/Çanakkale, Turkey
Returns to original departure point
- Set Menu Lunch. Vegeterian option is available
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Gallipoli Battlefield
- Drinks at the lunch
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I got a tour with Hasan Gunduar from the KUM hotel near Eceabat round the Gallipoli Peninsula, I was picked up on time and taken to all theatres that I requested to see and also special ones which Husan had researched for me. Very informative and learnt so much from him, overall…
Date of experience: September 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Crowded House Tours
Two great tours
Well organised by Ramazan by email as i kept changing plans. Two tours with two excellent guides and lovely accomod…
Compact two days
Excellent organisation of trip. Ramazan always prompt to reply to emails. My requests kept changing but he kept ema…
my friend, who went to Canakkale earlier, recommended it. a professional tour company, to be exact. transfer, Food,…
Fun day in an ancient city
I cannot possibly recommend this tour enough! I got very lucky and had a private tour today. Sükrü was phenomenal…
Nine day Tour with Bulent and Peter Hart. Third time on Gallipoli with this pair. Great combination. Bulent has a d…
Recently I was part of a Peter Harte Battlefield tour group that used Crowded House tours . it was very well o…
7 days in Gallipoli
My partner and I did a 7 day Peter Hart battlefield tour through Crowded House. The whole team were friendly and p…
I was part of a group that used Crowded House tours for a week tour of Gallipoli. We were partnered with Bulent who…
Amazing Day Trip from Istanbul
An amazing day trip from Istanbul! While it is a lot of travel time (by both bus and ferry), it is well worth it. O…
Amazing time exploring Ancient Troy
Had a fantastic tour of Ancient Troy. We booked via Get Your Guide and the local tour operator was All Tours Istanb…
I did a day trip from Istanbul with my husband, got picked up from our hotel and taken to Gallipoli. Our tour guide…
Great historical insight
We did a 2 day trip to the Anzac sites in Gallipoli. The tour was well organised with great food and accomodation.…
Wonderful guide Bullent (Bill)
Our family of 6 including 4 children under 10 did a one day private tour. We had a great experience which was made …
Got more than expected
We took a full day tour to Troy and Gallipolli, but each on two different days, because we stayed in Canakkale. Bot…
Outstanding tour guide who knew his stuff. Would have loved to have more time and been able to go through the muse…
- Duration: 6h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included
What time does Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included start?
Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included will start at 11:30 AM. Discover and book Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included on Tripadvisor
How much is Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included?
Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included price starts from ₹ 3,213.34. Discover and book Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included on Tripadvisor
What is the Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included cancellation policy?
Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Gallipoli Tour from Çanakkale - Lunch Included on Tripadvisor