Pick-up from your accommodation at 8:00am, then directly to Angkor Heritage Site by stopover at the ticket office. The details for this one-day package is very carefully designed to meet your needs and satisfactions:
Visit the City of Angkor Thom comprised of the Bayon Temple, Baphoun, Elephant Terrace & Terrace of the Leper King. Enter the city of Angkor Thom through the monumental south gate. Avenue of Gods and Asuras lining the bridge across the structure moat.
- The Bayon or State temple of Javavarman VII is one of the most enigmatic and powerful religious constructions in the world. It is a unique mass of “face towers” which create a stone mountain of ascending peaks. There were originally 54 towers of which 37 are still standing today. Most are carved with four faces on each cardinal point.
- Baphoun is the vast mountain temple near the center of Angkor Thom. It’s under France’s restoration project, it is possible to access the entrance gate and the elevated walkway entrance and there is a huge reclining Buddha on the west side of the temple.
- The Elephant Terrace is the heart of Angkor Thom and looks out over the Royal Square. It marks the entrance to the Royal Palace and was the focal point for royal receptions. The carvings of elephants along its walls give its modern name.
Terrace of the Leper King, This massive terrace is named after the 15th century sculpture that was discovered on top of it. It probably dates back to the reign of Jayavarman VII and has been restored in a manner which allows visitors to explore the earliest to most recent additions by actually entering the internal layers of the structure.
- Ta Prohm Temple (Tomb Raider, filmed by Angelina Julie) was built in the 12th century by Jayavarman VII as a royal monastery. It was dedicated to the King’s mother. This temple was chosen to be left in its natural state as an example of how most of Angkor looked, upon its rediscovery in the 18th century.
- Angkor Wat temple, built between the 9th and 14th centuries, the temples of Angkor are among the grandest monuments ever constructed. The entire complex covers approximately 164sq miles with over 200 temples. Among the 30 temples that are accessible today, the most famous is Angkor Wat, the largest Hindu temple in the world.
Sunset at Bakheng Mountain, the place where you will see the most beautiful sunset and view of Siem Reap town!
What to bring
* Sun hat
* Comfortable clothes
* Insect repellent
* Short skirts
* Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
• Dress code: covered shoulders, chest and covered knees
• Please keep hydrated and bring sunscreen and a hat to protect yourself from the sun
• You will be provided with umbrellas during the rainy season
• Angkor Wat ticket is 37$ per person (cover all temple within Angkor complex)