Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Gorgany is one of the wildest and most exotic parts of the Carpathians. There are no green meadows with the flocks of grazing sheep, like everywhere else. Instead, in this desolate corner, you will find stunning summits, covered with vast stone fields. This type of terrain is not found anywhere else in the Carpathian mountain system. Gorgany is a challenge for a hill walker, yet it is your choice if you’re looking for dramatic landscapes and want to escape civilization! This tour is of moderate complexity and recommended to those who have the experience of day-long mountain walks. The average distance of the daily walks is 7-12 km. Sections of rocky terrain may increase the complexity of the path. Small-group format ensures a personalized experience. Make sure your clothes and your hiking boots (trekking shoes) are comfortable for the hike. Trekking shoes are obligatory! You can choose this tour with transportation by train or private vehicle.
- private tour
- train / car transportation (it depends what you choose)
- local transfers
- meals during the hike
- guiding services
- equipment rent
- extra drinks and meals
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Special terms
- The program of the tour is designed for physically healthy people who are interested in outdoor activities. The average distance of the daily walks is 7-12 km. Sections of rocky terrain may increase the complexity of the path. This tour is of moderate complexity and recommended to those who have the experience of day-long mountain walks. During the tour, everybody carries his/her own backpack with personal equipment and a share of food supply for the group.
- Higher in the mountains, the temperature may be significantly lower than that at the foothills, and strong winds may occur. Unpredictable weather changes are possible, too. Please be warned that some Gorgany summits are covered with snow till May.
- The guide reserves the right to make changes in the program depending on the weather or the condition of the participants.
- We kindly ask to double check our
- to avoid any misunderstandings. The company reserves the right to reject your participation in a hike provided you don’t have appropriate footwear. This requirement was based on the necessity to guarantee your safety and convenience.
- Please inform us if you need any of the below mentioned equipment while booking the tour. The prices are given per person per day. We kindly ask you to reserve the equipment in advance. We don't demand any deposit from our clients.
- Backpack for hiking (40-50L for women, 50-70L for men) with a rain cover
- Sleeping pad
- Sleeping bag (comfort rating 0..+5 Cº)
- Light trekking shoes and a spare pair (sandals or sneakers)
- Socks (1 pair per day, 1 spare pair)
- Thermal underwear (top, for spring or autumn season also bottom)
- Light pants (long, not shorts!), for spring or autumn season wind stop pants
- Fleece jacket or sweater, two for spring or autumn season (1 light and 1 warm)
- Light hat (cap, buff or bucket hat); warm hat for spring or autumn season
- Light wind stop gloves (for spring/autumn)
- Waterproof and wind stop jacket
- Raincoat (poncho)
- Sitting mat with a fixing belt
- Plastic bottle of water (1,5 L or more); a thermos for spring or autumn season
- Individual dinner set (spoon or spork, mug, pot, knife)
- Trekking poles
- Personal portable first-aid kit and toiletry
- Set of clothes for transfers during the tour (shoes, socks, underwear, outerwear): please mind that the clothes after hiking may be wet or dirty
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Karpaty Travel
Good one day outdoor activity
Although the travelling time took around 6 hours in total, the hiking experience was good. The views were pretty go…
Great hiking tour with gorgeous panorama views
For sure, you need good hiking shoes, because some interceptions of the mostly steep trails were rocky and slightly…
Best day in Ukraine with Karpaty Travel
This is a lovely family run agency with professional, knowledgeable guides and fantastic customer service. Even t…
It was a great hike, but pretty difficult. It was labelled as an intermediate difficulty, but for someone who is in…
This summer we went to Karpaty. It is wonderful place. You enjoy it. Fresh air, beautiful view, great mountains and…
Wonderful Borzhava hiking trip with Karpaty Travel
Where to begin? Our hiking trip in Borzhava was a top experience! First and foremost, Borzhava is a beautiful regio…
Pip Ivan of the Maramureș
An enjoyable a challenging hike that was well organized from our point of departure in Lviv. Our private guide was …
Private family tour with young and old
Karpaty travel created an unforgettable tour for our 3 generational family spanning 80 years. They created a custom…
Magical mountain trip
I went on a weekend trip with my husband. We had the best time with these guys. We went to Borzhava region in the C…
Guided hiking in Carpathians for solo traveler
Karpaty Travel did a wonderful job accommodating my requests and interests for several wonderful days of hiking. I…
Amazing Lviv City Tour
With Karpaty.Travel we made an amazing 5-hour city tour through Lviv with an excellent guide. In consultation with …
Weekend hike to Hoverla and Khomyak
I did a guided weekend hiking tour to Hoverla and Khomyak mountains with Karpaty Travel. Everything was very well o…
Fantastic "A Journey to Hutsuls" Tour
My two friends and I had an incredible experience on Karpaty Travel's "A Journey to Hutsuls" tour. Everything from…
Hiking tour to Shpytsi Mountain
I was lucky to experience the beauty of the wild Carpathians at the time when Carpathian Rhododendron was in blosso…
Do you know who are Hutsuls? They are really friendly, welcoming and forthcoming people who have a gerat talent for…
- Duration: 3 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour)
What time does Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) start?
Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) will start at 6:15 AM. Discover and book Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) on Tripadvisor
How much is Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour)?
Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) price starts from ₹ 19,661.12. Discover and book Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) on Tripadvisor
What is the Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) cancellation policy?
Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour)?
Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) is hosted by Karpaty Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Karpaty Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Wild Carpathians: discovering Gorgany (private tour) on Tripadvisor