per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 10-99, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottle of water
- Entrance fee for the Skull Tower in Nis
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Pick up from any address in Sofia city
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18744P61
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia on Tripadvisor
- How much is Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia?
- Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia price starts from ₹ 9,959.24. Discover and book Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia on Tripadvisor
- What is the Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia cancellation policy?
- Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia?
- Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia is hosted by Zelanos Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Zelanos Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Nis - the Capital of South-East Serbia on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 18744P61
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Nis FortressStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Monument to the Liberators of NisStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in May 2013
#25 of 249 Tours & Activities in Sofia
- Elizabeth V00Worth the DriveVery nice trip into the Bulgarian countryside with an interesting stroll around Plovdiv. Maria, our. guide, was very knowledgeable and accommodating.
- Emmybean100Awesome day trip with Filip and RviMy husband and I joined another couple on a day trip to Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanasi. The other couple spoke Spanish and we only spoke English. Our guide, Filip, was amazing the entire day, and exceeded our expectations. Filip conveyed so much information about the sights, in both Spanish and English, alternating between the two languages easily so both couples felt up-to-date with understanding the history of what was in front of us. We were picked up from our hotel in Sofia in a spacious Mercedes that was very clean and comfortable. Rvi was our driver and she was very patient and careful, especially when it poured while we were in transit and other drivers were doing silly things on the road. We thoroughly recommend this day trip, for seeing the old Veliko Tarnovo palace - fortress, the colourful Church of the Nativity and an old traditional house in Arbanasi. Filip and Rvi were both friendly and extrememly considerate and professional.
- W2836PFcarolp00Night Tour of SofiaWe enjoyed everything, but visiting with the guide and learning a little about life in general in Bulgaria was enjoyable. Of course the fold dancing was great and the dinner perfect. The restaurant impressive, Everyghing
- MissFi201300Tour of SofiaMy husband and I were the only 2 booked on our chosen date so we in effect had a private for. Denisa was our tour guide and she was extremely knowledgeable and very personable. We thoroughly enjoyed hearing the history of Sofia. She also gave us some hints and tips of places to go while touring the city. The visit to the Bulgarian restaurant was interesting. Shopska salad followed by roast chicken and potatoes and a dessert. There were folk dancers and musicians which were entertaining. We then went outside for more entertainment. Denisa stayed with us for the evening so we got to know her quite well. We both enjoyed the evening and would recommend it to other travellers.
- gourmete202300Sofia i beatifulAmazing tour in downtown Sofia - discovered new places in the small and charming city streets - had coffee in a amazingly cozy place called Tablespoonbg on Kniaz Boris I, 75. A day filled with a lot of pleasant encounters and positive vibes.
- echtschwer00Never never never book anything with zelanos tours...you will loose your money and get nothing for itI booked this tour with zelanos tours online and paid in advance. The pick up should be in front of an hotel at 8 o' clock in the morning. I waited from 7.50 till 8.35 there, and no one showed up. I tried to phone the company with the phone number given on the reservation, but no one picked the receiver up. The worst is: they refuse to pay my money back, saying that i did not show up. And saying that they tried to reach me by phone and my phone was switched off...it is true that they tried to call me, about five (!) hours after the pick up time. they didn't leave any message on the mailbox, and, anyway, what is the purpose/sense in calling 5 hours after pick up time????? I never experienced a company whose guide/driver did not show up, who didn't pick up the phone, and who say that is the fault of the customer and they will not pay the money back.
- AbaidaUK00A great night outMaria, our guide was the best. She was friendly, very respectful and helpful. The place where she took us for dinner is highly recommended as she took care of every detail. Loved the ambience, the local music and dance, ended up dancing with the locals.
- rrout00My trip was cancelled night beforeI am sure the tour would be great. The tour ad went from 'likely to sell out' and late the night before I received a notice that the trip was cancelled. So I never got to Plovidv or Bachkovo. Disappointed part of my trip to Bulgaria.
- lorcant202200Lots of driving but definitely worth it!It’s a long car journey but worth it! Guide was really informative, friendly and approachable. Very good level of English too! Lots of interesting spots and breathtaking views! Would recommend A++
- 83verginiya00Special wedding at Arbanasi and wonderful memories from Veliko TurnovoI have not visited Veliko Turnovo and Arbanasi for over a decade. Last September the occasion was special - the wedding of our best man. Veliko Tarnovo surprised me with the groups of young people and tourists despite the post COVID situation. It was alive , people were very positive and smiling. We had a lovely dinner in the city center at a very nice pizzaria. The bride had made a reservation for the terrace on the second floor. We had a beautiful view of the city, the Tsaravets palace and enjoyed delicious food and very kind service. After dinner we had the opportunity to see the famous spectacle at Tsarevets called " Light and sound". It was free around 20 min. It is a very good idea that every weekend now you can see the short version for free. It was magical for me, I even shed a few tears. It was also special because my two small children aged 2 months and 2 years shared the spectacle too. The wedding was very beautiful starting with an open wedding ritual at the emblematic monument The 4 Horses. The wedding party was at one of the best hotel complexes in Arbanasi. It was a special wedding with great people and a lot of fun and dancing until dawn.
- pathfinndr00ImpressivePretty impressive. Not all that easy to reach, unless you have car, or book a tour from Vidin, but looks like the photos. I am 69, and while it not entirely easy for me to reach the top level, neither was it too difficult, and the view was worth it.
- MaryEllenks00Very disappointingThe tour operator canceled my tour at 10pm the night before. I was refunded my money but it was too late to book anything else. They didn't call, text, or contact me in any way, just canceled through Viator.
- benhR5220TL00BrilliantAdrian was an amazing tour guide, we spent about 8 hours with him through each destination and each one was great! He took us to an authentic restaurant in Lovech too which had some amazing food. Definitely would recommend 👌 he is full of facts and knowledge so ask away
- Freedom2857317638900Great day trip from Sofia!Great and experienced guide. Fantastic experience and highly recommend for tourists staying in Sofia. The tour included enough breaks to make it a relaxed walk.
- Nelson F00Grand day on the rocksA great day-trip! Maria, our guide, took great care of us. On the way to Belogradchik, she talked about the fortress and its history but also about Bulgarian culture, agriculture (glorious fields of sunflowers) and even infrastructure. (Yes. There really needs to be a tunnel.) Along the way, she stopped and got us a nice treat of fresh raspberries from a local person selling by the road. When we arrived at the fortress, there were a number of big tour busses. Maria surmised that they wouldn't be there long, so she showed us another formation and viewing area until the crowd thinned out. Belogradchik Fortress is not only impressive but unique. Red rocky fingers of iron-ladden rock project upwards from the top of a hill where Romans began the fortress. Around that, are the remains from when it was expanded in medieval times. Then finally it is framed by stone walls erected during the Ottoman occupation. The view from the summit was breathtaking. Maria explained the geology that formed the landscape, beginning some 250 million years ago. On the way back, Maria wanted to take us to a little local place for lunch, but, alas, it was closed on Mondays (due to Covid). Instead, we stopped in Montana and found a very charming, very non-touristy place next to a lovely park (where they were rehearsing for a concert -- and that little girl could sing!!). This was a delightful, unexpected treat! In summary, it was a fantastic trip. Maria was professional, knowledgeable and just good fun. I greatly recommend the tour, Maria, Zelanos and Get Your Guide.