View all photos (3)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
We have created an adventure in which you will be able to experience Peru at its best and like never before, Salkantay Trek is an ancient and remote footpath located in the same region as the Inca Trail where massive snowcapped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests. In this journey you will trek from 3,900m/12,800ft to 2,100m/6,900ft, traversing across magnificent mountain passes, enjoying enormous and mystical snow-capped peaks, seeing nature in its purest form and exploring more than 15 different ecosystems that we have in this area from beginning to end. Moreover, the chances for ethnic and cultural exchange are ever-present with local natives who still remain closely attached to their heritage and are very willing to share it with open minds
Pick up from airport Cusco -...
First Day Trek: Cusco -...
Second Day Trek: Soraypampa -...
Third Day Trek: Challway - La...
Fourth Day Trek: Lucmabamba -...
Fifth Day Trek: Aguas Calientes...
Free Walking Tour - Transfer to...
- All breakfast included in the accommodations
- 3 night's accommodations in 3 stars hotels.(Double-Occupancy) Hotel in Aguas Calientes, Day 4.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Pick-up and transportation from your hotel to the start of the trail.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Transportation Ollantaytambo - Cusco.
- All transfers.
- All transportation.
- Mules to carry cooking,camping equipment and 6 kg of your personal items.
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers.
- Inflatable mattress.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo.
- Entry/Admission - City Tour Cusco
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- Entry/Admission - Salkantay Trekking
- Entry/Admission - Salkantay Trail
- Entry/Admission - Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu Tours
- International flights are not included
- Insurance is not included.
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us).
- International and intra flights.
- Meals where are not stated
- First breakfast and last lunch at Aguas Calientes.
- Meals where not otherwise stated as included.
- Gratitude or tips for your crew (cooks, horse herders, guides)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Huaynas Expeditions
Strongly recommend to anyone
An extremely well organised tour to rainbow mountains. We got a breifing of the tour by Juve a couple of days befor…
Very good trip, well organised, very early in the morning to be the first on the mountain ! Super nice and friendly…
Well equipped and friendly tour guide
The experience was amazing. We had something in mind about how the experience was gonna be, however they exceeded o…
Do not let this experience pass by you!!!!
My husband and I were stuck in Lima for an extra day and a half due to flights being canceled, Juve arranged a priv…
I found out about Humantay Lake by chance on Instagram, and I am so glad I went. It was raining when we left Cusco,…
This was a marvelous experience in every way.
Javier was born and raised in the mountains of Peru. He shared much of the knowledge of his native Qechua upbring, …
4 Day trek to Choquequequirao
First of all, the communication with Juve from the office was fantastic! Juve answered all my questions by mail ver…
Juve was excellent!
Our tour was great. Juve is a wonderful and informative guide. Every step of the tour was organized and times to pe…
Great personalized trip planning, no worries needed
Our trip was perfect and everything went without a hitch. Drivers and tour guides were always on time and really ki…
We had an amazing guide!
Wow! Cross Over Tours was fantastic. We Booked the one day rainbow mountain tour from Cusco and was totally persona…
Excellent tour of the Sacred Valley. Highly recommended.
This tour was a highlight of my entire vacation. Juve grew up on a family farm in Urubamba and was extremely knowle…
Outstanding company and guides!
I wish I could give Huaynas more stars. We booked the 5D/4N Salkantay Trek and had an experience beyond our imagina…
Wonderful 3 day adventure with Huaynas Expeditions
Thank you for making our time in Cusco incredible. Your guides have been so friendly and the organization was perfe…
3D/4N Lares Trek
We just completed the challenging but incredible Lares Trek thru Huaynas Expeditions The hot springs in Lares have…
BOOK HERE!Excellent experience
I Hiked the Salkantay Trek with Huaynas Expeditions this past month and the experience is something I will never fo…
- City Tour Cusco, Salinas de Maras, and 6 more
- Duration: 8 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999