View all photos (21)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Discover Cusco in a different way, visiting places that still preserve their history, tradition and mysticism.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Puente QeswachakaStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedWe will leave very early towards the South Valley of Cusco, an unexplored area that keeps many charms. The objective is to reach the rope suspension bridge 'Q'eswachaka', declared by UNESCO as Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity, which is three hours away and learn about the context in which it takes place. On the way we will have views, surprises and stops, the Huacarpay lagoon and Pikillacta archaeological center are some until we reach our first stop: the town of Checacupe. In this first stop we will introduce you to the bridges in the Andes; as for samples a button, in Checacupe have been built three types of bridges lost in time and that pass over the Pitumarca River; one from the Inca era, another from the Colonial era and another from the Republican era. We will continue about two hours and we will arrive at Qehue district where the suspension bridge 'Q'eswachaka', more than 500 years old and the communities that renew it yearly are located. The Q'eswachaka (Q'eswa means "to braid" and "Chaka" means "bridge in Quechua), is the last bridge that has survived modernity and continues to pass its ritual from generation to generation. We will have the opportunity to meet and share with the communities that care for this living legacy of the Incas. The bridge is considered a sacred expression of the link of the communities with nature, tradition and history, and the annual renewal is accompanied by ritual ceremonies. We will go to a local house and where the locals will demonstrate the braiding technique of the ‘ichu’, a pasture from the high areas of the Andes which is the material used for centuries for this rope suspension bridge. It is an impressively laborious job, it requires a lot of effort, technique and teamwork. After understanding the context surrounding this attraction, we will go to see it, cross it and admire the natural landscape through which it was built. After visiting the bridge, we will go to have lunch in a local house. After lunch, we will return to Cusco for a relaxing and colourful scenic route.Read more
- Lunch in a local house.
- Box breakfast
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrances fees to: Checacupe and Q’eswachaka, demonstrate the braiding technique of the ‘ichu’
- Hotel pickup & drop-off.Note: Some hotels are in areas where the access by vehicle is not permitted.
- Entry/Admission - Puente Qeswachaka
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Any additional service not mentioned
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Gray Line Peru
richard & Maria50
Amazing Amazon Adventure
Efficient pick up service from the airport. Amenities are what you would expect from a lodge in the middle of the…
With this global Covid 19 outbreak and the overseas travel restriction from our Canadian Government, we have to…
A hidden gem in Peruvian History
This was a great half day trip that did a lot to demonstrate the roots and development of Peruvian cultures that…
Afternoon full day tour
We booked the late full day tour of Machu Picchu, from Cusco. We really had a great day and an amazing experience.…
A little flexibility
Our flight was 3 hours late and customs was extra slow. We absolutely missed our trip but they scheduled the next…
Los Angeles, California32
I took this in Peru . They serve you a drink on this trip . Great Scenery. A must trip for anyone. Was funny was…
Over the lines
The time spent flying over the Nazca lines is really interesting. However, it is only about 45 minutes. Taking…
Airport not to big so some walking necessary but not to bad. Immigration and customs professional and fairly quick.
Incredible Dining Experience!
We went on the last night of a 2 week group tour. The setting was enjoyable and the food was tasty and nicely…
GREAT - I highly recommend this Grey Line Tour handled by a local tour agency. They were very professional and…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999