Reserve Now & Pay Later
Horseback Riding Tour to the Devil's Balcony from Cusco
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (62)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Devil’s Balcony is a natural feature in the countryside outside Cusco, with a human history dating back to the Incas. This half-day guided horseback safari includes round-trip travel from Cusco, safety equipment, and snacks—allowing you to relax and enjoy an intimate experience in nature. Discover the Temple of the Moon and the Devil’s Balcony itself while learning of Cusco’s Incan heritage.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by San Blas
- 1Moon TempleStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass by Church of San Blas (Iglesia de San Blas)
- 2Horseback Riding Cusco - Day ToursStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Balcon del DiabloStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Visit the Temple of the Moon and the Devil’s Balcony on horseback
- Enjoy a more intimate experience than you would on a large-group bus tour
- Learn of the region’s rich Incan history and heritage along the way
- Includes all equipment and round-trip travel from your Cusco accommodation
What to Expect
Choose a morning or afternoon horseback safari, and meet your guide during pickup at your accommodation in Cusco. Begin your half-day tour as you transfer out to a ranch in the Villa San Blas neighborhood. On arrival, meet the horses and muleteers, and then receive a safety briefing. Afterward, climb onto your horse and ride out toward the archaeological site of the Temple of the Moon. With your guide leading the way, gain insight into the region’s ancient history and rich cultural heritage. Pass traditional local communities in the countryside and see a way of life that’s quite different than bustling Cusco. On arrival at the Devil’s Balcony—known locally as Chacan—explore features including a natural cave that the Incas used as a shrine thousands of years ago. Replenish your energy with a snack by the cave, then return on horseback to the ranch, where you board your vehicle for the journey back to your Cusco accommodation.
- Professional tour guide
- Saddle and safety helmets
- Muleteer (goes to the care of horses)
- Snacks for the ride
- Mineral water or natural water
- Cookies, chocolate bar and fruit
- Round trip transportation from Cusco hotel to ranch
- Transport by private car
- Entry/Admission - Moon Temple
- Entry/Admission - Horseback Riding Cusco - Day Tours
- Entry/Admission - Balcon del Diablo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suitable for participants with little or no experience
- Minimum age is 8 years
- It is recommended that you wear long pants (preferably jeans), closed shoes (with rubber soles or walking shoes), and bring a rain jacket (if the weather forecast gives any significant chance of rain during the time of the ride)
- Note: Do not wear jewelry or valuables during the ride
- Maximum weight is 185 lbs (83 kg)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
That was amazing tour.that hours are very beautiful and strong.you must go that tour.wonderful and amazing.
Date of experience: February 2020
The guide was knowledgeable, friendly, and kind. The vistas were amazing. The horses were very well behaved. Above all the animals looked very well taken care of. Bonus points for the sweet family dogs that trailed along.
1 Helpful vote
Not only was our tour guide extremely helpful and friendly, but the horses were extremely well behaved and it was easy to ride with them even for people in the group that didn’t have experience.
This is a great trip. Olga was our English speaking owner/guide who provided a fun, safe, educational experience. Visited a variety of Inca sites over the period of 4 hours. What I really like is that we saw sites that were a little less accessible if you were not on a horse.…
Date of experience: March 2020
My girlfriend and I spent two weeks exploring Peru. This was our favorite part (and one of my great life experiences). Holger is an incredibly knowledgeable guide and has an infectious love and passion for his horses and natural surroundings. I’m so glad this was our final…
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Horseback Riding Cusco - Day Tours
Lovely ride through the mountains and ruins
Horses were amazing. Good condition and well trained. Guide was excellent and could give tour in English. You can s…
We took a few hours to venture with this company for riding and adventuring to naturalistic ruins vs. typical touri…
Culture and caballos
We met our lovely guide (Holger) and driver directly outside our accommodation at 9.30am and were taken straight to…
During a week in Cusco, I dragged a few friends along with me to go riding. I've been riding for about 15 years, bu…
I had such a great time with Holger and our small group! Easy pick up/drop off service directly at my hotel. Horses…
We had a wonderful time on our tour. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable, very friendly and caring. My daughter a…
I had a great time, the tour guide was good and the horses were so easy to ride. The area was really nice to trave…
Fabulous ride with great views, great horses!
My husband and I enjoyed the morning ride. We were picked up at our hotel and our guide, Holgar, brought our horses…
Overall great experience just outside of Cuzco
We did a wonderful 3-hour horseback ride just outside of Cuzco. The ranch felt like a family operation with the hor…
Great experience on wonderfully mannered, well taken care of horses!
We had a wonderful afternoon ride with our guide Holgar. The communication with him by email was quick and efficien…
Fantastic Views Great Horses and Phenomenal Guide
Holgar our horse guide was fantastic. We had a fabulous time on our two hour tour. The horses are Paso Finos and ha…
Great, for experienced as well as inexperienced
We are a family of an experienced adult, an experienced child, an inexperienced child and an inexperienced adult (m…
We booked the tour, but had no idea how to get to their place. We did google search, but it was not a solid lead. (…
#1 experience in Peru!
I want to come back to Peru, just to experience the magic of this horsebackriding adventure again. We were blessed…
Impressive views and highlight of my trip in Peru
My boyfriend and I booked the tour for 3 hours horseback riding session. We had a wonderful time with horses, and t…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,225 travellers!