Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Enjoy a day hike to the summit of Rucu Pichincha. This volcano can be seen from the center of Quito and is great peak for beginners. You will meet your guide at the teleférico at 08h30. Together you will take a spectacular 20 minute gondola ride on one of the highest aerial lifts in the world. After exiting the teleférico at Cruz Loma (4000m), you set out for the summit of Rucu Pichincha. You will hike through some interesting alpine vegetation called páramo. Along the way your guide can point out some interesting flora and its medicinal uses. After about 4 hours of walking/hiking you will arrive at the summit (4784m). On a clear day you will be able to see Quito and the surrounding volcanoes. Enjoy your box lunch before making your way back to the teleferico. Total hiking time is around 6 hours.
- You'll start atTeleferico De QuitoQuito, EcuadorYour guide will be at the doors to the teleferico ticket office with a sign "Latin American Alpine".See address & details
- 1Rucu PichinchaStop: 5 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2TelefériQoStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atTeleferico De QuitoQuito, EcuadorYour guide will be at the doors to the teleferico ticket office with a sign "Latin American Alpine".See address & details
Teleferico De Quito, Quito, Ecuador
Returns to original departure point
- Certified bilingual guide
- Entry/Admission - Rucu Pichincha
- Entry/Admission - TelefériQo
- Transport from your hotel to the teleferico
- Gratuities (optional)
- Bottled water
- Teleferico day pass
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This was a fantastic experience. Camilo Andrade, my guide for the day, is a consummate professional. He led the way at a comfortable pace, opting for an alternative route for the summit scramble that was both more interesting/challenging, and safer by avoiding traveling below…
Date of experience: March 2020
Response from MarcJB29, General Manager at Quito Volcano Summit Hike
Responded 14 Mar 2020
Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Yes, Camilo is an awesome mountain guide and we are glad you enjoyed the climb. Well done on reaching the summit of Rucu Pichincha! Safe travels and we hope to see you again. Cheers, Marc
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Latin American Alpine
Wonderful guide who is very flexible and knowledgable
Our tour guide Pablo was outstanding. From the moment he picked us up at our hotel, we asked what sort of things w…
- Duration: 6–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:000-0800-100-6999
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 676 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 643 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 123 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 718 travellers!
from ₹42,977.96* ₹45,240.75
Frequently Asked Questions about Quito Volcano Summit Hike
What time does Quito Volcano Summit Hike start?
Quito Volcano Summit Hike will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book Quito Volcano Summit Hike on Tripadvisor
How much is Quito Volcano Summit Hike?
Quito Volcano Summit Hike price starts from ₹ 5,215.75. Discover and book Quito Volcano Summit Hike on Tripadvisor
What is the Quito Volcano Summit Hike cancellation policy?
Quito Volcano Summit Hike cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Quito Volcano Summit Hike on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Quito Volcano Summit Hike?
Quito Volcano Summit Hike is hosted by Latin American Alpine. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Latin American Alpine on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Quito Volcano Summit Hike on Tripadvisor