So far Jinshanling Great Wall is the most beautiful section among all the Great Wall sections. Being the least touristic section of the Great Wall, it is partly wild and untouched, and partly renovated. Enjoy this tranquil section of the wall with its majestic mountains as a backdrop. Take advantage of this striking area with its fifteen watchtowers, steep gradients offering an ever-changing perspective and the balance of wild forest with the best preserved section of the Great Wall. Hiking at Jinshanling Great Wall, see the gradual change from the restored areas of the wall near Jinshanling and the deteriorated sections as you go further to the west. Observe how the watchtowers in this section have three to four embrasures versus the one or two their counterparts have in other sections. Note the varying shapes of the watchtowers, due to the varying terrain. Stop at the 3rd watchtower which is the best place to take in the views of the gorgeous sunset.
1. Being picked up at the lobby of your centrally located hotel in Beijing by your tour guide at certain time, you'll head for Jinshanling Great Wall directly.
2. Arrive at Jinshanling Great Wall in approximately 2-3 hour from Beijing. The tour guide will tell you stories and history about the Great Wall on the way.
3. Enter with the tour guide and hike for about 2.5 mi (4 km) from the 14th watchtower at Jinshanling and hike back to the first watchtower.
4. Get to the best point for sunset and enjoy the sunset, taking pictures.
5. Get down from the Great Wall and return to the car.
6. Go back to Beijing and being dropped off at your hotel. (Journey around 2.5-3 hours)
Meeting time and return time:
May, June, July, August : 13:15; 21:30-22:00;
September: 12:15; 21:00-21:30;
March, April, October: 11:45; 20:30-21:00;
November, December, January, February: 11:15; 20:00-20:30.
Meeting Point: lobby of your centrally located hotel in Beijing.
Remarks: Because it is a small group tour, the tour vehicle may go to pick up guests from a few different hotels in the same area, and the real pick-up time may be a little later than the designated time. Please make sure to be at your hotel lobby no later than the designated time. It's normal when the guide is 10 or 15 minutes' later than the designated pick-up time.